Chapter 8: The reception

Hey my lovely readers hope you all are doing good, I am really sorry for the late update there was some personal problem because of which I couldn't update but now I am back and here's the next part lets start Happy reading!×××××××××××××××××××××××...

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Shivani's pov:
Abhi left the room without turning back. How badly I want to run in his arms and cry holding on to him. How ironic is this I want to be consoled by the person who has hurted me.

My chest felt heavy and it became difficult to breath tears were falling on its own accord.

"No shivani calm down stop crying" I consoled myself, but my mind and heart was not ready to listen. Do he really not love me?

Am I the only one holding onto the love we had? Why do he hate me so much? I understand he must be angry that I left suddenly but I did wrote him a letter did he not found that? All these questions were clouding my mind.

No Matter how much he hates me I love him and nothing in this world can stop me from loving him, but it hurts. It hurts to love someone so much.

I kept crying, why God why me when I thought to start my life again life gave me another pain to bare. The person I yearn so much hates me.

I was not wrong when I saw hater in his eyes on engagement day.
Why everything has to be so messed up in my life? "Why?" I whisper yelled but in reply I got only silence.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard Maa calling me. "Shivani beta" she was coming towards our.. sorry abhi's Room he do not consider me as his wife.

I quickly wiped my tears and made myself presentable. "Shivani beta look what have I got." Maa said entering my room with few things in her hand.

She kept them on the bed " this is your gown and your jewelleries that you will be wearing tomorrow at the reception ok " she said coming towards me.

I put on a fake smile and said "yes maa." She scanned my face for a minute, please God I don't want her to know I was crying. I requested in my mind.

"Shivi beta you know why women are so special?" She asked caressing my head loving.She understood that i was crying.I shook my head no, on her question not trusting my voice as I might cry again.

" Because a woman is strong enough to leave her own family, her own house and make a new home a new family with her husband. She is powerful enough to fight all her problems nothing is impossible for a woman."

"I know Abhimanyu is acting very different with you but give him sometime, it was too sudden for him." she said wiping my tears that slide down my cheeks as she explained me.

"We expect a relationship to be 50/50 but that's not always true sometimes it can be 30/70, 20/80, even 10/90. It's all about the extra efforts and love the other one does when one of them is not able to do so." She said smiling at me.