Chapter 12: He cares

Shivani's pov:

Shivani's pov:

What the hell don't you have patie...... " my voice stuck in my throat when I saw Abhi standing at the door looking furiously at me. 'God what have I done now? Please save me.' I prayed.

"You?, I mean weren't you coming late today?" I questioned and was proud of myself for not shattering even when he was looking furious.

He just kept looking at me angrily without saying anything, If looks could have killed I would have been dead by now. "Where is your damn phone?"

He questioned gritting his teeth and took a step closer to me. Well I was not very tall, which means he was hovering above me.

Panic spread in my body seeing him hovering above me bringing my past to live. 'It's ok shivi it Abhi, you are safe breath keep breathing' I chanted in my head and took a step back to create some distance between us.

Abhi just kept staring at me unaware of my inner Strom waiting for me to answer him, but when I didn't answered he questioned me again.

"I am asking you again miss shivani where- is -your -friking- phone? I am calling you since two hours continously, why are you not picking my damn phone?"

I gulped, my phone is on silent since six hours. Wait a minute did he just called me miss i questioned my self 'Yes he did' answered my subconscious.

"It's Mrs" I said not answering what he asked. "Huh what?" He said confused.
"It's Mrs Abhi not miss" I said looking at him. "Wow that's all you got from what I asked?" He said after taking a deep breath to calm himself.

"Sorry my phone was on silent as i was studying and forgot to unmute it" I said lowering my head. This seems to fule his anger

"On Silent! Why don't you throw that phone away it will be better because there is no use of you having a phone, How can you be so careless? because of you I came running back as you were not picking my phone and I though....." He stopped when he realized what was he about to say.

Me who was looking at the ground instantly looked up listening to what he said, a smile fromed on my lips. "by any chance were you worried for me Mr Dikshit?" I said with a suprised look on my face.

He cough "Stop talking nonsense, I came here because I forgot a file and I was calling you to get me that" he said and walked past me.

I smiled at his lie, Rakshit was right he cares for me but won't admit. "Did you had lunch?" He asked stopping at the dining table.

Shoot! I forgot about it while studying, 'don't you dare skip your meals or the consequences will be bad once I returned' I remembered his words and gulped.

He raised one eyebrow and looked at me waiting for me to answer "Actu...Actually..." I tried to fine a good reason, but he gave me don't -you-dare- lie -to- me- look. Which made me shook my head negatively looking down on the floor.