chapter 32: The slap and the invitation

3500+ words

3500+ words

Don't forget to read the important announcement in the end.

Author's POV :

"ANSWER ME!" Abhimanyu shouted, causing Shivani to flinch and the crowd to tremble. Shelly, sitting on the chair, smirked, After all, this is exactly what she wanted and for this only she went through all the drama and pain. "Well seems like my hard work paid off." She whispered to herself, leaning back on the chair with a satisfied smile.

Tears filled Shivani's eyes at Abhimanyu's harsh tone. "ANSWER DAMMIT!" Abhi exclaimed in frustration, moving closer to Shivani, who took a step back in fear. What increased Abhimanyu's anger more was that shivani always turn mute in such situations.

"Ye--yes, but I didn't do--do...." Shivani began, but Shelly interrupted her, seizing the opportunity to start her drama. "Shivani, I know we don't get along, but I never thought you could do this. I scolded you yesterday because you were wrong," Shelly said, her voice dripping with hurtfulness and sounding so convincing that Abhimanyu almost believed her.

Shivani narrowed her eyes at Shelly. Wondered what scolding Shelly was talking about. She is sure she didn't collide with her ever since that day.

Shelly smirked back at shivani as if to tell her "you are finished" Shivani's eyes widen as she realizes that Shelly purposely created all this drama just to frame her, and she really got trapped in it.

Shivani felt fear creeping into her heart as she realized Shelly's intentions. She had a gut feeling that something bad was about to happen, and it seemed that Shelly was at the center of it all. "I didn't do this. Why would I do something like that?" She said to no one in particular, but her words weren't enough to prove her innocence.

"Trust me Abhimanyu, I didn't do this." She said, rushing toward Abhimanyu trying to explain herself. She would really not play with someone's life, no matter how much she dislikes them.

Abhi's reply made Shelly smirk wider, "Can I?" Abhimanyu replied with a sad chuckle, causing Shivani's heart to sink as tears streamed down her cheeks. He was not wrong, she was telling him to trust her just a few days after she broke that trust.

Trusting someone wasn't a joke, ki jab chaha trust tod diya aur jab chaha tab trust karne ko kahe diya. (That whenever you want break someone trust and whenever you want as the person to trust you again.)

"I knew you never really liked Shelly, and you both never got along well, but what I didn't know was that you could stoop so low," Abhimanyu said, shattering her heart

When shivani decided to let Abhi misunderstand her that day, she had prepared herself for his harsh, bitter words but seems like she was never really prepared as his each word was like a knife on her heart.