Chapter 36: Love's intoxication (part two)

3500+ words

3500+ words

Abhi's pov

"Stooooppppppp!" Shivani screamed, causing me to press the brake harder. It had barely been five minutes since I started the car. After consoling my drunken, crying wife for a good thirty minutes, she decided she wanted to sit in the passenger seat.

"But you can't leave me," and that time she didn't say it in a crying voice rather warned me in her threatening yet drunken voice, another said of my moon to which I nodded before gently picking her up and placing her in the passenger seat.

Despite my reassurance that I wouldn't go anywhere, she had held on to my sleeve, the one that was on the gear, as if to prevent me from running away. I found it cute. I was loving her clingy side!

Comming to the present."What's wrong, Shivi?" I asked, scanning her face worriedly. "A-Abhiiii, look," she said, pointing her finger outside the window. "What's there?" I asked, peeping out but seeing nothing out of the ordinary, just a normal road with a few vehicles passing by in speed.

"Have you seen the movie 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan'?" she slurred. "No, why?" I admitted, not being much of a movie fan. She frowned, swaying slightly. "You're boring," she declared, leaving me dumbfounded.

"What did you say?" I asked, trying to hide my amusement. She quickly shook her head, denying what she had just said. "Do you have a biiiiigggggggggg handkerchief?" she asked, stretching out her hand in her cute, drunken voice, making me smile at her.

I looked at her, her eyes twinkling with mischief. No one would believe she was the same girl who was crying in my arms just thirty minutes ago.

Searching my pocket, I replied, "Yes, I have bu--" Before I could finish my sentence, she snatched the handkerchief from my hand before I could even hand it to her.

I looked at her dumbfounded as she quickly got out from the car saying "I am going to fulfill my dream by re-creating a Bollywood movie scene here." She screamed with happiness, making me smile at her.

But soon my expression changed to horror as she rolled my handkerchief and blindfolded herself and started walking towards the road where she had pointed earlier.

I was too stunned to react. My wife was playing blind man's buff, that too on a road where cars were passing! God!! Who would stop her?

My mind: Who else is here now?

Me: No one.

My mind: Then who will stop her?

Me: Obviously me (I said, being absent-minded).

"Oh shit, I will!" It hit me, and I quickly got out of the car, rushing towards Shivani, who was walking like the road belonged to her who was blindfolded. I pulled her just in time before she could get hit by any car.