Chapter 18: The wait

Sorry for the late update !!▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Shivani's pov:

It's more then an hour and I was still in the bathroom pacing back and forth.

'Come on shivi you can't be in the  bathroom for forever' i said annoyed with my self.

Think....think...think I was getting anxious which shut my brain completely. 'Ok lets just go out first' I encouraged my self and taking a deep breath I open the door and stepped out. As I came out  I saw Abhi picking up his laptop and going somewhere.

"Where are you going?" I asked. On hearing me he turned around and looked at me without saying anything. Just when I was sure he wouldn't answer me I heard him "to the study room." He said plainly and I nodded my head.

"One more thing" he said and I looked up at him, "you can occupy the whole bed as I will leave for the airport in few hours." He said checking the time.

I looked at him confusingly "airport?" He nodded his head "Yes, I am going London. I have a meeting there." He said.

"Oh! When will you return?" The question came out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"Don't know" he said not looking at me. "Will you be back by Karva Chauth?" I asked quickly as he was about to leave the room. "May be" He answered uninterestingly. "And anyways you are not keeping the fast, so no issues" he added further.

" I am" I whispered softly looking down on the floor. "Come again?" He said as he might have not heard me properly.

" I said I will keeping it" I said loudly looking at him confidently. Shivi you are  not doing any crime why should you be scared.  "No, you won't" he said angrily. I opened my mouth to protest "and that's final" he said loudly making me shut and then left the room, closing the door behind him.

"If you are stubborn I am your wife, I will keep it and I will make sure that you open my fast with your own hand." I said with determination looking at the shut door.

I was lying on the bed twisting and turing as sleep was far away from me. Well that's not new. I saw the clock which said it's three in the morning.

Should I pack his bag? What if he scold me for it? Don't he keep scolding me all the time? 'Ok let's do it!!' Saying so I got up from the bed.

I looked around and saw a bag which Abhi removed before going to the study room. I think this is the bag he will take with him. I took it and started packing his clothes and all the other essentials.

Just as I was done with his packing I saw Abhi entering the room. He saw me with his bag and a frown appeared on his forehead.

"What are you doing? He asked me softly. "I was not sleepy so I thought to help you with the packing." I said tucking my hair behind my ears due to nervousness.