Chapter 31:The mystery of broken glass pieces

4000+ words

4000+ words

Hey everyone, I know I had promised to give an update yesterday and despite my efforts I couldn't do so, really sorry for that. [Do check author's note in the end ]

Write this chapter was a roller coaster for me (sigh) not emotionally but there came so much difficulty right from writing to publishing it.
So please do vote and comment in the end 🥺

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Author's POV :

Sitting on his cabinet chair, Abhi's eyes were fixed outside the window at some distance. He was holding a report, on which he was supposed to sign. Though his eyes were fixed, his mind was wandering around shivani.

While Rudra and Shelly were happy for passing the first stage and discussing their future plans, Abhimanyu was struggling to keep it together, he was a mess. It had been two days since he last saw Shivani. It wasn't that she was missing or something he was just deliberately avoiding her.

Shivani would falls asleep by the time he returns home, or you can say act like she slept, and he would leave early before she could wake up. They did collide with each other many times in hospital but neither of them spoke just suffering in silence, shivani would steal glances at him wherever she gets a chance hiding from his eyes.

As for Abhi he was furious and struggling between the pain of a broken heart and her betrayal. He couldn't understand his feelings. He wanted to talk to her, but the image of her breaking her nuptial chain kept haunting him, fueling his anger and frustration.

That night, when he was unable to bear the pain of her betrayal, he left and didn't come back until the next morning. He spent the entire night driving aimlessly, searching for solace in the dark, silent roads and the dangerous speed he was driving the car that night.

No matter how hard he tries, Abhimanyu wasn't able to understand where he went wrong? Was it wrong to fall in love with her again? Or was it wrong to love her in the first place? Whatever his mistake was, the damage was done. He was already in love with her and no matter how hard he tries to unlove her, it was impossible.

All this while, Abhimanyu kept wondering why it's easy to love someone but difficult to stop loving them, and I am sure this question must have crossed everyone's mind at some point of time.

Well, the answer is unknown but May be heart only knows how to love and can't unlove, people say 'I hate you from the bottom of my heart' but maybe it not heart who hates but brain who make us think so.

When he returned the next day, he wasn't surprised to find his room empty, just with his clothes and belongings.

Shivani had sifted back to the guest room that she was staying previously, Abhimanyu recalled the bitter laugh that had slipped from his lips when he realized how eager she was to get away from him.