Chapter 29: Pain of loving you

4000+ words

4000+ words

Trust me, I have invested my entire week's emotions in this chapter. So Don't forget to vote and leave a comment in the end as it will means a lot to me.
________________________________

Abhi's POV:

SAME NIGHT

Sitting in the hall, I was waiting for her. It was almost midnight, and she was not yet back which made me worried and angry at the same time. My eyes were fixed on the door, my face hard and cold. Though I had tons of questions to ask, but it seems like my mind was blank at the moment and my eyes devoid of any emotions.

There was a feeling of numbness spread in my entire body which was not allowing me to feel any thing. Like my body has developed this mechanism to protect myself from the feeling of hurt or pain and to be honest, I don't know if this was good or bad.

My eyes not even for once moved from the door, just waiting for her to be back. The only thing I wanted now was for her to return and explain it to me. It was enough, I gave her enough chances to tell me the truth I was done being patient with her, now all I wanted was the DAMN TRUTH.

The hall was dim just with the lamp light on. I don't understand why I was sitting in such a dull environment, but it was definitely reflecting my inner self. My hand went on the lamp switch which was the only light source in this darkness and I subconsciously started switching it on and off as my mind recalled all the things happened in these few days.

Sudden change in Shivani's behavior....(switch on).... Her avoiding me (switch off) ......her lying to me .....(switch on).... her forcing me to feel that she isn't concerned about our marriage... (switch off)... me seeing her with Vivek....(switch on)....her not telling me about it.....(switch off)......me getting the parcel....(switch on).... seeing those disgusting photos and bank message...(switch off).... her lying again..... (switch on).

The photos kept flashing in front of me, which made me clenched my jaws. One could easily feel the danger oozing out from me, I was not in my sense and this was scaring me as I know how dangerous it could result into. Just then I heard the door opening noise which made me come out of my thoughts. My eyes caught her lean figure entering slowly.

Her way of walking was clearly indicating that she was exhausted. Unaware of my presence she started walking upstairs, almost dragging herself. I push the switches on and the hall lit up, making her stop in her track.

"WHERE WERE YOU?" I demanded, my voice cold and dangerous and the silent environment of the hall made it eco. She was about to turn but stilled at my voice.

"Where-were- you?" I asked again, dragging my each word as she slowly turned towards me but stayed mute. I am sure she must have felt the anger in my tone because her eyes flicker with fear.

"S-H-I-V-A-N-I" I called her name, gritting my teeth as she was really testing my patience. My voice as a warning for her to speak up.

"Yo--you di--didn't slept?" She asked, coming down the few stairs she had climbed. "Don't change the topic, answer what I asked?" I said my voice loud and clear.