Chapter 28: The anonymous Parcel

3600+ words

3600+ words

Many of you haven't read the previous chapter so do read it guys. Don't forget to leave your comments at the end of the chapter it really means a lot to me🥺

Happy reading ❤️
_______________________________

♡ Nazar Ke Aage Har Ek Manjar
Ret Ki Tarha Bikhar Raha Hai
Dard Tumhara Badan Mein Mere
Zehar Ki Tarah Utar Raha Hai ♡
________________________________

Abhi's pov:

It's been two days since I saw her with Vivek and since then, I am trying my best to be patient with Shivani. If you all are wondering that did she told me anything about her and Vivek then no she didn't. In these days, her behavior forces me to think that I am not that important to her as much as she is to me.

It's not like we are arguing or something. Everything is same between us yet different, the changes in her and our relationship is not visible to others, but I can feel it.

I can feel it in the way she talks short and crisp, as if one extra word would cost her someone's life. I can feel it in the way she looks at me, as if something is stopping her from reaching out to me.

One minute she behaves as if her life depends on me and the next minute she dismisses me and my feelings as if she doesn't care, neither about me nor about our marriage.

Maybe I am overthinking everything or maybe I have started taking things too fast, whatever the thing is my mind is a complete mess and I find myself again in a war between heart and mind. I don't know how to react. Whenever her image with Vivek flash in front of my eyes, it fills me with anger and jealousy.

I know how dangerous my anger is and that's why I am trying my best to be patient with her, but she is really testing my patience, and I am running out of it.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Rakshit voice who was on a call with me. "Abhi I am sure it's nothing, you are feeling insecure which is a very normal thing. I mean, if we love someone we will definitely feel insecure when we see them with someone else." He said not understanding me and I don't blame him. The changes in her and our relationship is like air; can be felt but can't be seen. I didn't hear what he said next as my mind stuck on one word he used, 'Love.'

Love? I frown at that word. I am sure the word love holds different meaning for everyone and for me, it's a bitter-sweet thing. After hating it for so long I never thought I will ever come across this word ever again but here I am.

"L...o...v...e" I said the word slowly as if tasting it on my tongue, completely forgetting that I am still on a call with Rakshit. He laughed as he heard me, and I snapped to reality. "Abhi you are saying as if it's a poison." He said, and I could hear laughter in his voice.

"Shut up, it's just I don't know if I can love again. I mean I never thought I will ever hear this word again, forgot about feeling it once more." I said truthfully.