Chapter 23: Smile through the tears

♡Tere aane par jaana maineKahin na kahin zinda hoon mainJeene laga hoon main Ab yeh fizaayein Chehre ko chutti hawaayeinInki tarah do kadam toh badha leSukhi padhi dil ki is zameen ko bheega de♡

Tere aane par jaana maine
Kahin na kahin zinda hoon main
Jeene laga hoon main Ab yeh
fizaayein Chehre ko chutti hawaayein
Inki tarah do kadam toh badha le
Sukhi padhi dil ki is zameen ko bheega de♡

Shivani's pov:

We all came back after the movie ended. Abhi had texted Rakshit that he had left and asked him to bring me with him.

I know I hurted him today, but that's what has been on my mind since karwa chauth. I don't want him to feel sorry for me. In fact, disgust and guilt are the last thing I want to see in his eyes for me.

Maa and papa will come back tomorrow. So that means we're the only ones in the house tonight. Rakshit and Ritika bid me good night as we entered the hallway and we all went to our respective room.

When I reached my room, I took a deep breath before opening the door. I don't know whether Abhi was in the room or not.

I carefully entired the room only to find it empty. Feeling disappointed I sat on the bed. Looking at the shining moon in the sky which was visible from the window.

I don't know why I was hoping him to be in the room. I closed my eyes for few minutes being exhausted and by exhausted I mean it mentally.

Emotions are so wired and I being someone who feels everything so deeply it exhausted me even more. Sighing I got up from the bed and opened the cupboard. I took out my medicine to eat before I forgot them.

I don't know how long I will have to depend on these medications, but I am sure one day I will no longer need them.

If we ignore the part how much I hate having them these really helps me to keep my panic attacks and nightmares far away from me.

I took out two red pills from it and keeping the medicine bottle back in the cupboard I went to the drawer next to the bed for the glass of water.

I have keep these medicine away from Abhi because there is no way I want him to find these. As soon as he will see these he will definitely come to know that something is wrong with me.

Then he will ask me reason that why I am taking them and I don't know how I will answer that question.

As I reached the drawer I sat on the bed and poured a glass of water for me. I put the pills in my mouth and swallowed it quickly with the help of the water. Yuck!! it taste terrible everytime.

I was about to keep the glass back when my eyes fell on a paper which was nicely folded and kept on the drawer along with my favorite chocolate.

How had I not noticed this before? keeping the glass back I picked up the paper along with the chocolate. keeping the chocolate on my lap I opened the paper and it was a letter from Abhi.