4. Red

"And you think I can help?" Minghao sat down next to his very moody friend.

"No. I just need you for moral support. I know you're just as dumb as I am. Wonwoo is more of a help than you." Joshua frowned at his clipboard, still wondering what the compound is.

"I'm so touched! Such nice words from my best friend!" Minghao wiped his palms on his pants before taking out his sketch book.

"Whatever. I need to get this before midnight." Joshua mumbled.

"You keep bringing this on yourself, so." Minghao shrugged, taking out a pencil from his pencil case.

"You're supposed to be supportive!"

"And you're supposed to not waste time."

"Stop talking then!"

Minghao ignored him and started scribbling in his book softly. Neither of them said a word as the only sound that surrounded them was the pencil scraping against the soft paper.

Minghao packed his bag, looking out the window. It was dark out as the stars shone beautifully. He glanced at his best friend who was busy drowning in his notes as he hunched over the book. If it was a normal day, Joshua would've been up on his feet making his way to the observatory by this time. He would never let go of such an opportunity of looking at the ever so clear sky with glimmering stars. He sighed, feeling bad for his friend. He knew how passionate he was about stars.

"Joshua, take a break." Minghao pat his shoulder softly.

"I can't. I still don't have a clue about what this is. What time is it?" Joshua asked in a hurry, scurrying for his phone.

"Eleven thrity!?" Joshua slouched down against his bed, fisting at his already tangled hair.

"Hey. Just go talk to him, maybe ask him for an extension or just try reasoning out?" Minghao sat down next to him, running his hands along Joshua's arm.

"He won't let me! He's really the Satan!" Joshua cried out, pouting.

Minghao smiled at his friend's behaviour. Even when he was on the brink of breaking down he looked absolutely adorable.

"Trying won't hurt."

Joshua sighed but nodded nonetheless. He could give it a shot, how bad could it go? Probably go through a scolding from the maroon head or worse, get a 'D' in his first assignment.

"Come on. I'll go with you." Minghao pulled him up.

Joshua would always be thankful for the red haired male. He was always there for him when he needed him the most. Sometimes he couldn't help him with his problems but he still stood there with him, accompanying him till the end of it. Joshua wanted to put his gratitude in words yet he was always bad with them, so he resorted to actions. The only thing he was good at was showing his feelings without talking about them.

"I'll buy you ice cream on the way back." Joshua smiled at his gleaming friend who nodded a little too quickly at the offer.

The walk to the university campus wasn't long as their dorms were right across the road.

With each step Joshua felt his heart drop a little more. He was scared. Professor Yoon was terrifying with just his aura, how bad would he be when he scolds him? Joshua always hated someone scolding him. He had always been a good kid, listening to his parents, getting good grades, not causing trouble in school or being disrespectful. He never gave anyone a reason to yell at him, only once or twice from his parents when his grades faltered a little but that was it. So the idea of being scolded by his Professor terrified him.