25. Even

(surprise surprise. Look who it is!!)

When he thought about a 'date', there were certain images in his head but not one where he had to pick up twelve stacks of hardbound books to and fro from the professor's cabin to the chemistry laboratory.

He was about to kill someone. And that someone was most likely his annoying ass of a professor.

"Hurry up! We've got five more stacks!"

Joshua threw a sharp glare at the maroon head who was perched up on his chair with a book.

"This is child labour!" He huffed, cracking his back and wincing at the ache that seemed to throb through his spine.

"You're twenty. Although some might mistake you for a child by that immature attitude." The professor kept reading, his glasses lying on the desk as he squints to read the letters.

"You know what-" Joshua had no energy to continue so he just sighed and walked back over to the books, "nevermind."

He picked up the stack, wincing at the instant pain that shot up his back. His legs wobbled but didn't completely give out as he had thought so. He was just about to take a step forward when his arms were suddenly freed from the load.

Joshua looked from behind the stack to see the professor taking the books back to the original desk.

"What, do you want me to pick that up again?" Joshua whines, walking behind the professor. There was no way in hell Joshua was gonna pick up that stack again. "Cut me some slack!"

Jeonghan turned around, facing Joshua. His hands closing up on his chest to fold. "I don't need these tonight." He stated, eyes boring holes in the blond boy's head.

"Oh thank God!" Joshua cried, his knees almost buckling at the feeling of being free.

"But," Joshua looked back at the professor, anticipating his next sentence, "I will need them tomorrow. So same time, tomorrow evening."

"No way in hell am I coming back here!" The blond almost screamed at him. "No fucking way!"

"You never learn." The professor tsked at him, pushing away from the desk. He grabbed the ends of his lab coat, taking his arms out of them.

"What are you doing-" Joshua stepped back, his eyes widening and throat going dry. The professor continued to pull his arms out of the coat, placing it on the desk as he proceeded to unbuttoned and rolled up his sleeve.

"What do you think?" He opened up his collar button, going down with two more, "I'm getting ready to go home."

"Now?"

"It's eight." Jeonghan removed the hairtie, carding his hand through his maroon locks before tying it up in a bun.

Joshua stood there like an idiot. His back and legs killing him. His eyes locked at the maroon head. His body frozen.

"Joshua?" The professor grabbed his attention by placing a hand on his arm. "Are you going to stay up here all night?"

"What?" He blinked, looking back into those caramel orbs.

"Come on, I'll drop you to your dorm." He walked away, grabbing his coat and bag, pulling out his car keys from his pocket.

"You have a car?" Joshua tumbled behind grabbing his own bag as the professor held open his cabin door for the blond to walk out first.

Yeah, this was a first time for Joshua to be treated like that by Jeonghan.

The professor shut off the lights and locked the door, "No, i walk for fifteen minutes to get to the university everyday." He walked ahead with Joshua trailing behind. "Of course I own a car."