27. Bad omens.

stupid Tuesday. stupid college. stupid subject. stupid chemistry. stupid test. stupid 'C-'. stupid yoo-

"fuck you, yoon jeonghan!" joshua yelled, slumping down onto his already ruined canvas. he had been trying to get his mind off the 'meeting' he was supposed to go to tomorrow but clearly painting wasn't working. the poor canvas had no fault to be so harshly rubbed.

maybe, sleeping would help?

oh, who was joshua kidding? the moment he'd get into bed, his mind would take off into all the wrong directions. yeah, no. that's the last thing he wants. overthinking all the shit.

so, joshua stayed up the whole night yet again. and the pretty prominent dark circles showed that nicely. atleast he got most of his Quantum mechanics assignment through. he even managed to learn some more about quasars but that was another topic.

physics did a good job at keeping his mind off chemistry, however it couldn't protect him the whole day–the sun peeking through his curtains showed the reality he was supposed to face a little too brightly.

"I love you a-latte!"

"shut up."

"geez, i was just trying to brighten up your mood!" minghao pouted, slumping down next to Seungcheol.

"what's gotten his panties in a twist?" wonwoo asked Seungcheol, not so subtly.

"we got our chemistry test results last night." Seungcheol mumbled, patting Joshua's head in an understanding gesture.

"damn! I bet he bombed it."

"I did. got a c- " joshua snickered, honestly, he wasn't really upset about getting a low grade, well, maybe a little. but mostly he was upset 'cause he could feel jeonghan disappointed in him.

did he really care if jeonghan was disappointed in him?

maybe.

why?

he doesn't know!

maybe because, he's his professor and he seeks validation before satisfaction. he doesn't feel satisfied till he's gotten an approval by someone. it had always been like that since he was in middle school.

or maybe he's just teeny tiny bit liking the maroon head's company.

chemistry lecture was the worst for joshua. the professor had refused to make any eye contact with the blond. he didn't even as much as glance his way, and that upset joshua alot. it's not like he was the only one who got a bad grade. soonyoung got a D. the girl next to him, probably Jennie got a c- too. why did he seem particularly mad at him?

the whole two hours were torture for the blond boy. the professor didn't mention anything about the test yet everyone knew a storm was brewing just by the look of him. the tension in the class could literally be cut with a knife. everyone was tense and anxious. mostly for the meeting since the professor didn't seem to have taken out his disappointment in the students at all.

should I call in sick?

he saw me in the class.

maybe he didn't. I mean, he didn't even look my way.

i can say I had a sudden fit of coughing and fainted on my way to the meeting.

that's dumb.

"–Shua."

"yeah?" he looked up at the brunette.

"come on, let's grab some coffee. I have to head over to football practice later." he grabbed the blond's hand, pulling him up and out of the suffocating lecture hall. and thankfully his dumb thoughts too.