29. Favourite

"I'm so sorry, baby." he mumbled, snuggling his head on Joshua's shoulder.

"i- professor-?"

yeah that had joshua stumped. what the hell was he supposed to do? hell he had a whole thing prepared to scream at the maroon head, he had thought about a lot of possible scenarios but this wasn't one. was Jeonghan bipolar?

how come he was apologizing when the day before he was being a sadist dumbhead?

there was one thing joshua concluded at that time. jeonghan was a bit of a nutcase. (a big nutcase actually)

"pardon?"

jeonghan's eyes flew open, pushing back the blond from him a little.

"i..ahem" the maroon head rubbed the back of his neck avoiding joshua who was now looking at him.

"about yesterday-"

their eyes widened at the knock resonating through the otherwise quite room.

"jeonghan?" a female voice asked from the other side.

they looked at each other for a few seconds before another knock was heard and jeonghan stepped towards the door.

"yeah, wait a second, yeri."

joshua scoffed walking towards the desk, taking a seat on one of the seats, jeonghan gave him a narrowed look silently asking what that was about to which the blond just shrugeed his shoulders-- tilting his head towards the door with nod.

the maroon head sighed before opening the door.

"what took you so long?"

joshua could make out the brown trousers and black shirt, brown hair and a folder in her hand. that was all he could see from behind jeonghan.

professor yeri peeked from behind jeonghan, catching sight of the blond.

"oh, mr. hong." her usually sweet tone sounded a slight bit off at that moment. or maybe joshua was overthinking it.

"yeah, i was discussing something with jo- mr. hong." jeonghan moved aside with a sigh to let the woman walk in.

"am i intruding? was it important?"

yes, you were. he was apologizing for god's sake.

"no you weren't, yeri. mr. hong was just about to leave." jeonghan looked towards joshua, eyes pleading for him to listen.

joshua sighed, glancing at the lady and then back at the maroon head, his eyes narrowing and an eyebrow raised.

"yes. i was just about to leave." he got up from the seat, leaving behind a soft screech. that was intended. a short tight smile on his lips directed towards the woman. he strode past her stopping next to the maroon head, giving him one last look before proceeding towards the door.

"i didn't know you allowed anyone in your office before or after hours."

he heard professor kim's soft voice, which went back to the sweet tone suddenly. joshua just had to say something he didn't even know why. he just had to.

"yeah, it was impo-"

"actually, professor kim, i'm his favourite student so i kind of got the privilege. see you in class, professor yoon." he tilted his head with a toothy grin flashing towards the both, stepping out of the door completely and striding down the hall.

"i was starting to think you got killed." jeongguk snorted, packing up his stuff.

"i felt like a part of my soul died, so i guess that's the same." joshua packs his own stuff. the both of them decided to get some coffee.