Chapter 47

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix and Nox

"Together, there are six of you?" Tsezgerra asked the group.

Once the six had landed in front of Tsezgerra and another man who was obviously in his group, they let Goreinu explain everything that had happened and why they needed their help. Goreinu seemed to be most level headed between them all and was the most likely to convince Tsezgerra to work with them so he was chosen to explain everything to them and extend the offer to join them.

"Yeah, this is all of us," Goreinu answered.

"There are two others in my group," said Tsezgerra before snapping his fingers signalling two men to come out of the trees from where they were hiding. "This only gives us a total of ten. Where do you plan to find the rest?"

"We'll need fifteen numbers, right?" the unnamed man asked.

"We can use stand-ins for the remaining five. Invite players who want to return to the real world but can't," Goreinu said revelling their strategy,

"They won't be able to help, but they won't care about receiving cards, either," Killua agreed.

"Meaning that the ten of us will have to win the contests," Tsezgerra said understanding what the group was thinking. "I don't know how strong our opponents are, but can we?"

"We can," Goreinu said confidently. "Even if we can't manage eight wins, we're allowed to switch members and try again."

"So, whether we can win depends on you guys," Killua said arrogantly and Phoenix knew where he was going with his statement and couldn't stop the amused smirked from creeping onto her face. "Show us your Ren. We'll decide if we want you afterwards."

"I see our roles have been reversed. Very well, here I go," said Tsezgerra amused. The tall man crouched down on the tips of his toes; arms still crossed.

Phoenix watched closely as Tsezgerra gathered his nen at his feet before he suddenly grunted loudly and leaped into the air. Phoenix let out a shocked gasp as Gon shouted in excitement.

"Awesome!" Killua praised in excitement.

Tsezgerra laughed as the three stared at him impressed. "If I use my full strength, I can fly higher," he bragged. "My record is sixteen meters, eighty centimetres," Tsezgerra was cut off when the trio crouched and gathered nen at their feet, just as he had done moments ago.

Tsezgerra could do nothing but gape as the three jumped into the air, almost breaking his record on their first try.

"Ha ha, I win," Killua said smugly, higher than Gon and Phoenix. Phoenix was a little lower than Gon and noted that she needed to use more nen next time.

Phoenix laughed loudly as Gon tried to get higher by flapping his arms like a bird.

"I am impressed," Tsezgerra admitted once he landed on the ground. "Although you still fall a bit short of my full height."

"Okay! Let's go again!" Gon said instantly, he needed to beat Killua, he already beat Phoenix.

"No way," said Killua. "You won't stop until you win."

"I want to do it one more time, too," Phoenix admitted with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Oh, you passed," Killua said absently when Tsezgerra stood up. "Nice jump."

"One more!" Gon insisted.

"Fine," Killua relented.

Together the three crouched down but this time Phoenix made sure to use more nen then last time. When they jumped Phoenix was very pleased with herself when she saw that was a few inches higher than Killua, much to his annoyance. Gon was the lowest this time. Once they had landed on the ground again Gon insisted that they go again. Killua refused, a little bitter that Phoenix was able to go higher than him. Phoenix was giving Killua puppy dogs eyes, she wanted to go again, she loved the feel of the wind her hair. She was a little surprised her fear of heights wasn't coming to the surface but decided she didn't care because she was having fun.