Chapter 13 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

Waking up from unconsciousness Phoenix noticed immediately that she wasn't alone. Cracking her tired eyes open slightly but winced and closed them quickly, the brightness of the room stinging her eyes.

"Oh, you're awake?" a familiar voice asked.

Opening her eyes once more but slower this time, Phoenix turned her head to the side to see a woman with mint green hair pulled up into five top knots. Menchi was smiling at her brightly, happy to see her back with the living, Phoenix presumed.

The black-haired girl just started to the older women blankly for a moment not noticing the nervous look that was slowly making its way onto the older woman's face. Her memories from before she passed out were hazy but that they came back after a few moments.

Gasping the young girl shot up into a sitting position before gasping in pain and grabbing onto her stomach, bending forward to try and ease the pain.

"Oi, oi! Be careful, you're still injured, " Menchi was quick to scold her, not wanting the young girl to hurt herself even more.

"The Hunter Exam! What happened?" she breathed out quickly, not even bothering with worrying about herself, she was more concerned about what happened with her friends and if they passed. "Who passed?"

Menchi frowned lightly thinking back to what happened. "Calm down, you're in a waiting room, near the arena for the Final Phase. Before I tell you, what happened with the exam, I should tell you what happened to you. You thankfully didn't puncture a lung which we thought you had for a while, but you had a little internal bleeding but our doctors took care of that and it's all fixed up. You will be sore for a week or so due to some bruising and cuts. That's all that there is to your condition that you need to know," Menchi explained to the young girl before snapping her fingers as she remembered another thing. "The doctors also said you need to rest and can't do anything over the top," Menchi nodded with a small smile.

Humming Phoenix looked over her body; her arm had Band-Aid patches here and there, she could feel that her stomach was bandaged as well, her legs didn't really take any damage due to mostly being covered with socks.

"Who passed?" the green-eyed girl asked now that she wasn't in pain and had calmed down.

Menchi looked a little hesitant to reveal what had happened but sighed when Phoenix raised an eyebrow. "Before that, I would like to congratulate you on passing the Hunter Exam," she said instead, trying to avoid the topic for as long as possible.

Menchi held her hand out for the younger girl to shake and smiled brightly again when her small hand grabbed onto hers gently. Looking at the young girl one the bed she froze for a second when she met narrowed eyes.

Sighing Menchi gave in to the silence demand. "The Exam finished about ten minutes ago, the others who passed will be completing a brief orientation in about an hour, and you will be joining them since you're up. The person who didn't pass was #99, Killua," the mint haired women said in a serious tone.

Phoenix's eyes widened in shock at the information she was just given, she felt her stomach drop as her breath hitched. "What?" she asked softly.

Menchi bite her lip before she repeated herself, "Killua didn't pass."

Phoenix looked down at her lap in confusion, she knew that Killua was strong and not to mention he was really smart, so it didn't really make much sense that he had failed. 'He didn't just give up, did he?' the confused girl thought to herself.

The mint haired woman sat silently as the young girl tried to sort out her thoughts before looked up at her. "What happened?" Phoenix asked in a whisper.