Chapter 29 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

Sitting the backseat in the car that Leorio had rented, Phoenix stared out the window with a blank face. Next to her, Gon was staring out the front windscreen with a look of determination.

Phoenix was gently running her flame covered finger tips over her egg, hoping that it would make the egg hatch sooner. It seemed to be working because an hour ago, she noticed a very faint presence of something alive in her egg that has only been growing stronger since.

The young girl smiled to herself as she focused her nen on her egg, and felt how her baby dragon was following wherever she put her flames.

"This is most likely a conjurer's work," Kurapika said from the front seat, as he was on the phone with Killua, he had put it on speaker so everyone could hear what the ex-assassin was saying.

Kurapika was sitting with his disguise. which included all black semi-formal clothing, sunglasses, a hat and a long silver wig, which actually looked good on him, but Phoenix preferred his blonde locks over the silver wig, any day.

"Yeah, that's gotta be it," Killua's voice said through the phone, making Phoenix's shoulders relax slightly at his voice. "The buildings weren't here yesterday. This has to be nen."

"Man, these guys are really crazy... They have someone who can conjure entire buildings!" Leorio exclaimed, distressed.

"It's safe to assume that they're rigged somehow," Kurapika guessed.

"Yeah," Killua agreed, "that tells us they're still using this place as their base. The problem is that these buildings create too many blind spots. I can only watch twenty percent of the area at a time."

"Don't move around too much Killua," Phoenix interrupted, pausing her finger's movements so she could lean in between the two front seats with Gon. "In fact, don't go anywhere near the buildings. We don't know what kind of conjurer were dealing with, but I know that, with that level of nen, they might have hidden some with In so you might run into one without knowing it and alert them that you are there."

"I'd like to avoid that," Killua muttered taking Phoenix's warning seriously. "I mean, I have no idea what I'd do if I heard their voices behind me... My heart is pounding."

"Voices?" Kurapika asked himself quietly although everyone heard him clearly. "Never mind. I read you. For now, return to your original position. I'll call you back in five minutes," he said before hanging up the phone and calling someone else. "Hello? Melody? How's it going on your side?" The conversation continued, before Kurapika asked this Melody person to meet up with Killua, to give him a hand after telling them about what they were hoping to do.

"Was that wise? Telling someone else about what we were doing?" Phoenix asked cautiously not knowing how he'd take to her questioning the way he was handling things.

"Yes, Melody won't tell anyone and she's a good friend who is working as a bodyguard, same as me. Her nen ability will help us greatly," Kurapika assured his friends.

Phoenix didn't say anything, just nodded before leaning back in her seat and looking out the window, watching all the cars that speed past. She was wondering what this Melody person was like, because if Kurapika trusted her then she must be a good person. While she didn't trust her, she did trust Kurapika though, so that was good enough for now.

Phoenix looked toward the front of the car when she felt the car turn and come to a stop. Looking out toward Gon's side of the car she saw that they were parked in front of a small café.

Leorio turned towards the two young teens in the back seat. "We're just getting something small the eat and some hot drinks, do you two want anything?" he asked.