Chapter 4 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own Hunter x Hunter but I do own Phoenix

The group of four and the Kiriko's finally made it to Zaban city after flying through the night. The son Kiriko had transformed back into his man form and was guiding the four hunter wannabes to the exam site.

"As Navigators, our job is to identify worthy Hunter applicants," the Kiriko began to explain while Gon was running around, looking at all the stalls they were passing, "and guild them to the exam site. In other words, it would be extremely difficult for someone to reach the site without the navigators help."

As their navigator was talking Gon stopped at a stall to get a closer look at some of the merchandise the stall owners sold, Phoenix following close behind him so he didn't get into trouble. The first stall the two went up to was one that was selling panda frogs on a stick.

"Hey, wanna try one?" The stall owner asked the two young teens. "Its Zaban's famous panda-frog-on-a-stick! A true delicacy."

Gon looked like he was going to take it before Phoenix pulled his arm and lead him away from the stall.

After a few boring stalls they came across one where a young woman was selling antiques. She held out a golden brooch that had purple jewels in the middle. "This brooch was excavated from Zaban's underground palace. I bet it's a national treasure," she said trying to convince the two young Hunter wannabes.

Gon and Phoenix leaned in slightly to get a better look before smiling at each other and moving on to the next stall. Gon was zipping from stall to stall so fast that Phoenix had to hold onto his hand so she didn't lose him.

After a while the two heard Leorio shouting back at them, "What are you two going?" He asked. "We're going."

Phoenix nodded and pulled Gon along when she realized that he wasn't paying attention and they made their way back to the rest of their group. Once the two had joined the group again Phoenix let go of Gon's hand and stood at Kurapika's side. The five continued on their way.

It wasn't long before the group of hunter wannabes and their guide arrived in front of an extravagant looking, tall building.

"I believe that is the building," the Kiriko spoke up double checking the paper that had the address of the Hunter Exam site.

The four hunter wannabes looked up at the tall building in front of them in surprise. Leorio and Kurapika looked up with wide eyes, Gon was grinning excitedly while Phoenix blinked as the Kiriko was moving to the right of the tall, extravagant building towards a small restaurant.

"It's so tall!" Gon exclaimed. "They have a really nice building!" Phoenix looked at him confused, causing Gon to tilt his head at her. "Is something wrong Phoenix?" He asked curious.

Phoenix shook her head a little, "Nothing, that's just an unusual thing for someone to say," she said with a shrug.

Gon only chuckled at her and shrugged his shoulders.

Phoenix stood back as the three boys started to move toward the building, but she was watching the Kiriko, he wasn't looking at the building in front of them but at a small restaurant next to it.

"So, this is the exam site..." Leorio trailed off. "This is what draws..."

"Hunter applicants from across the world," Kurapika finished for the older teen.

Gon clenched his fist at his sides, a determined glint in his eyes. "My first shot at the Hunter Exam... Was this how my dad felt, when he first arrived?" The brown eyed boy asked himself.

Before anyone else could say anything else the Kiriko called out to them, "Hey, guys!" The four turned to him. "Over here!"

The three males looked shocked that the Hunter exam was going to be in the small restaurant and not the big fancy building. Phoenix was a little confused by their reaction, had they really thought that the Hunter Exam would be in such an obvious place?