Chapter 34 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

The three friends made it to the rendezvous point for the Green Island players with tons of time to spare. The three quickly handed in their signed contracts and were led to a train that they would ride to get them to Mr. Battera's mansion where all the games were set up, ready for when the players when they arrived.

Currently, Phoenix was sharing a two-seater with the two boys since it was large enough to fit all three of them. The boys were currently asleep with Killua's head tucked into her neck and Gon laying against Killua's side. Nox was also asleep; he was sleeping on Phoenix's lap.

Puhat was sitting in the seat across from them watching the boys with a smile at the cute scene they were making. Phoenix herself was smiling at the two boys before looking out the window and watched as the world sped past.

Looking out the window, Phoenix silently pondered just what Greed Island would be like and what they'll have to do once their inside.

It didn't take long for the train to get to the station near Mr. Battera's mansion, where Phoenix quickly woke up the boys. The young girl giggled to herself when she saw Killua's face exploding in a blush when he realized how he was snuggling into Phoenix's neck. He should have been used to it by now though since the two had shared a bed for a week and always woke up cuddled together and their legs tangled together.

The walk to the mansion wasn't that long, and it was an easy trek, but Phoenix was still happy to finally get to the mansion, she was starting to get excited about playing the game and just wanted to get started.

Tsezgerra led all the players down to the basement, not giving them a chance to get a good look at the foyer of the mansion but from what Phoenix observed it was quite large and had a sort of homey feeling, something she wasn't expecting from a rich old man.

Once Tsezgerra had everyone in the basement he used a key code that needed his fingerprint before leading the players through the doorway that had just opened. Inside the room were rows of tables with computers and the gaming systems connected. They all showed either a new game menu or a small profile of who was currently playing the game.

"Now, then..." Tsezgerra started getting everyone's attention. "Before we begin, let me explain a few things. The individual game copies are not independent. It doesn't matter which console you start from. You will all arrive at the same place. Consider it a virtual area accessible from any spot on this planet. I will now hand out memory cards. You will head immediately into the game. But first, we must decide the order," Tsezgerra finished explaining,

"Order?" Puhat asked confused from behind the three friends.

"Only one may enter the game area at a time," Tsezgerra answered. "We will decide the order now, to forestall bickering inside the game."

"Then let's use rock-paper-scissors," Puhat suggested which everyone agreed with.

"Yes! I'm first!" Gon celebrated being the winner of the small contested of rock-paper-scissors all the players had.

"Oh?" Tsezgerra said surprise. "You're the boy who had a save file."

Phoenix and Killua were sulking behind Gon as he talked to Tsezgerra.

"Damn, I'm 17th!" Killua said grumpily.

"And I'm 18th," she said since she lost to Killua who then lost the next round.

Gon pulled out his memory card and the ring that he got from his father and showed Tsezgerra. "Do you want to use it?" Tsezgerra him.

Gon looked back at his two friends who stopped their sulking. The two smiled encouragingly at their friend telling him to do what he thought was best.