Chapter 14 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

Dazzling city lights gleaming in the city that Phoenix and the three boys were flying over. Phoenix sat in the seat furthest away from the window. Watching Gon out the corner of her eye she frowned sadly to herself at the melancholy look in his eyes.

Phoenix sighed silently to herself just as Kurapika and Leorio came into the room with the food they went to get for the four.

The green-eyed girl watch as Gon muttered something to himself, not paying attention to anything around him. He was surprised when a fry was suddenly shoved into his mouth by Leorio.

"What's with the long face, Gon?" the bespectacled teen asked in a cheerful voice.

"We'll be in the Republic of Padokea by morning. You'll see Killua soon," Kurapika added handing Phoenix her fries and burger.

Gon nodded in agreement before looked back outside but with a determined expression instead of a gloomy one.

Phoenix smiled softly at her friend before beginning to eat.

As she was eating, she through back to earlier that day when the Chairman ask to train her. She still hadn't told Kurapika or anyone just yet, not knowing how to bring it up.

'There's something special about you my dear, and I won't say what exactly until we begin training but I do hope that you'll accept my offer.' Was what he had told her but she didn't have a single clue about what he was talking about. What was so special about her that made her stick out than any of the others? Was there something wrong with her that the Chairman was worried about that he was going to train her to keep an eye on her?

Shaking her head to rid herself of those thoughts she scolded herself for thinking so negatively. 'If there was something wrong with me then The Chairman wouldn't have allowed me to leave and move around on my own!' Phoenix told herself looking up. Kurapika was staring at her worried, while Leorio and Gon looked expectantly at her.

"Um...what?" she asked timidly, not sure why they were staring at her like that.

Leorio gave her an annoyed looked and Gon looked sheepish. Kurapika didn't look like his worries were any lessened by her lapse of awareness.

"I ask you if you know anything about the Zoldycks!" Leorio told her grumpily.

"Oh, sorry," Phoenix apologized giving a small sheepish smile to Leorio before thinking about his question. "Well, I know that their all assassins and always have been but that's all I know right now, sorry," Phoenix explained trying to think of anything else.

Leorio sighed in disappointment. "The same as the rest of us then," he mumbled before standing up and pulling out some blankets and pillows from the compartments above their heads. "Anyway, let's get some sleep so we're ready for tomorrow," he said passing the bedding out before making himself comfortable going to sleep, Gon joining him quickly.

The blonde male got ready for bed but once he was settled in, he didn't fall asleep instead he looked at his friend who hadn't moved since taking the bedding from Leorio.

"Nix," Kurapika called out to her softly, not wanting to wake up their friends. His brows furrowed slightly as Phoenix jumped, obviously lost in thought again. "What's going on? You've been quiet since you came back from talking to The Chairman," he asked concerned.

Phoenix looked at Kurapika for a moment before looking down her hands resting on the pillow in her lap. Clenching her hands into fists, she sighed out the tension in her stiff body before moving so her back was leaning against the armrest and she was facing Kurapika.