Chapter 27 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

Killua, Gon and Phoenix were at the park in the middle of the city enjoying the day waiting for Kurapika to turn up. He had called them late last night saying that he wanted to see them and to meet him at the park in the middle of the city.

The two boys were currently having a food eating competition between the two. They had asked if Phoenix wanted to join in but she politely declined saying that she wanted to catch up on some reading, since she hasn't really had the time to just relax with a book since before the hunter's exam.

Phoenix was leaning against Killua's back as she read while the sapphire eyed boy tried his best to not move forward too much so the girl could be as comfortable as possible, he was surprisingly able to do that and put up a good fight against Gon.

Looking up when she heard someone walking over to them, Phoenix grinned wildly when she could see it was the blonde they were waiting for.

Before Phoenix could call out Gon beat her to it. "Kurapika!" he called out to the blonde with his mouth full which resulted in all the food that was in his mouth to go flying into Killua's face much to his disgust.

Phoenix stood up along with Gon as the two ran over to Kurapika. Phoenix was quick to throw her arms around his waist and hug him as tightly as she could. She had really missed her best friend the past six months and it felt good to see him again.

Kurapika smiled to himself and hugged the girl he thought of as a little sister as close and as tight as he possible could. He knew that he had missed her but he never realised just how much until this very moment.

"I missed you Kura," Phoenix mumbled into his chest but the blonde still heard and put his hand on her short hair and started to stroke her head calmingly.

"I missed you too Nix," he muttered back.

Phoenix grinned as she let go of her friend and stepped back.

"This is great," Gon said once the two had their moment. Kurapika looked at him a little confused. "The spiders are dead, so you can focus on your main goal. You have to find the eyes of your people."

"Gon..." Kurapika said softly, he was speechless. He didn't think that Gon would mature so much in the half a year the two last saw each other.

"Yep. If there's anything we can do to help-" Gon started but was interrupted by a pie that was shoved into his face by Killua.

Phoenix looked shocked at first but started to laugh loudly as she watched Gon chase of him and try to catch her boyfriend. 'Boyfriend, it feels weird to call him my boyfriend but I like it.' the young teen thought to herself with a light blush on her cheeks.

She didn't realise Kurapika was watching as she smiled sweetly to herself as she watched the boys run around and smiled happily to himself, he was glad that Phoenix had found people other than himself that she could count on and be happy with.

The blonde looked up again just in time to see Killua jump above Gon and shove another pie into his face and this time he joined Phoenix in laughing at the two.

After Kurapika called Leorio the four went back to the hotel that they were staying at. It wasn't long before they met up with Leorio in the lobby. Phoenix was holding her egg that she had went to collect once they had gotten back to the hotel. She would have taken the egg with her but she was scared that it might get hurt if she had taken it to the park with her, she knew that the two boys could get rough and she didn't want to risk the egg breaking.

"It's been a while since we were all together last!" Gon exclaimed as the five all smiled at each other.

Phoenix looked over at Killua who was eating a lemon flavoured lollypop that looked like a bunny. She couldn't help but want a taste of it. She loved sweet things, she also loved sour things too, so a lemon flavoured lollypop was a great combo to her.