Chapter 42 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix and Nox

Phoenix and Gon were following Bisky as she started to lead them back to their training grounds. Phoenix was cradling Nox in her arms like a baby, tickling the baby dragon's tummy as he tried to bat her fingers away.

Gon walked next to them silently, still thinking about what the man had told them about the bomber and his nen ability.

"Bisky," he started, breaking the tense silence that surrounded him, "I think we should drop by their hideout really quick"

"They probably ran out of time already..." Bisky said sombrely. "Besides, he didn't even tell us exactly where it is. And even if we did know, we don't have a spell card that could take us there."

"I know," Gon admitted, "But some of them could have survived the explosion..."

"They wouldn't have," Phoenix suddenly spoke. "Even if they survived the blast, they would have been so wounded they would have died shortly after. If the bomber has already set the bombs off then there won't be any survivors and if the bomber hasn't set them off yet there isn't anything we could do for them anyway," she explained trying to be gentle with her friend.

"I agree with Phoenix," Bisky sighed. "If the bomber's powerful enough to place bombs on all his targets without anyone noticing, he wouldn't have allowed for that kind of mistake." Gon gained a heartbroken look on his face that made Phoenix put a hand on his shoulder trying to comfort her friend. "However... if we continue to play this game we'll probably run into the bomber. Given that, we may need to visit their hideout sooner or later."

"Uh-huh," Gon agreed giving Phoenix a small smile for her attempt to comfort him.

"We need spell cards," Phoenix said to the two as Nox jumped onto Gon's shoulder and nuzzled into his neck.

Bisky nodded in agreement as she turned around. "Do you want to go to Masadora and sell out monster cards to buy spell cards?" she asked her students.

"Yeah!" the two exclaimed as they jogged to catch up with their blonde teacher.

The sun was starting to set before anyone said anything else and it was Gon who broke the silence again. "Hey, Bisky..." he started gaining the two girls' attention. "How long do you think it will take me to master my signature move?" he asked curiously.

"You're just starting to developing you're nen. It's hard to predict when your power and speed will peak," Bisky explained to the brown eyed teen.

"Oh..." he replied a little down hearted, he was hoping for an exact time but he understood what Bisky was saying.

"But it shouldn't take too long before you get the form down," the blonde explained further noticing Gon's disappointment.

"Really? How long?" he asked excited making Phoenix giggle to herself at her friend's excitement.

"Let's see... Hopefully, you'll have it ready by the time Killua returns," the blonde estimated.

"Really? I'll finish my technique and surprise him!" Gon exclaimed before turning to Phoenix. "What do you want to work on Phoenix?" He had been wondering what other moves his friend had created.

Phoenix smirked to herself. "I have something that I'm working on that I'll have down packed before Killua comes back," Phoenix said confidently making Gon grin widely, expressing his excitement about seeing what her next technique would be.

It wasn't until night had fallen when they trio finally arrived in Masadora and found a shop that they could sell their monster card to. Phoenix had luckily collected Killua's monster cards before he left the game in case they needed to sell some cards to get supplies or new cards.