Chapter 15 Rewritten

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but Phoenix

The guard who Phoenix was told was named Zebro, took them to the servant's quarters for them to rest and think about their next move. The servant's quarters looked like a normal wooden cabin but Phoenix knew better.

"Here are the servant's quarters. It's getting late. So, you can stay here tonight," Zebro invited, opening the front door that the four friends noticed was quite heavy due to the scuff marks on the floor. "Please come in."

The four went inside and noted that it was a normal looking sitting room.

"Hey, I'm back!" Zebro called out to whoever else was in the house.

"Oh, you rarely bring guest," a purple haired man greeted as he walked down the stairs and leaned on the railing once he was down with the rest.

"This is Seaquant," Zebro introduced. "He works with me here."

"Good evening," Gon greeted the man.

Seaquant just stared before walking away. "If you managed to win over Zebro, you must be special. Well, make yourselves at home. Though it won't be easy here," he said over his shoulder as he left the room.

Zebro then ushered the four to the couches to have a cup of tea and explain the reason he brought them to the servant's quarters.

"You want to see young Killua?" Seaquant laughed leaning against the wall after coming back to the group with cups. "That's a riot!"

Phoenix narrowed her eyes slightly but didn't comment, not wanting to be rude to their host but Leorio didn't seem to share her thoughts, "Sorry. We're dead serious."

"Then let me give you a warning: Give up, and go home," Seaquant scoffed.

"What was that?" Leorio asked annoyed.

"I'm sorry Seaquant-san," Phoenix said, lifting her heavy cup with ease and taking a sip, hiding the shaking in her arms. She ignoring both guards surprised looks, Seaquant more than Zebro. "But we didn't ask for advice, nor do we want it."

Kurapika nodded in agreement, happy that Phoenix didn't snap at the man.

"Zebro told you about the Testing Gate, right? That should give you an idea of what this place is like," Seaquant explained to the girl.

"We understand that it won't be easy. But I'm not leaving. Not until I see Killua!" Gon paused as Seaquant seemed to measure him up. "When Killua was in trouble, I wasn't there for him. If I had been there, I could have stopped Killua! Killua is my close friend!"

At Gon's words a still silence filled the room before Zebro chuckled turning to the young boy next to him. "We understand. Then why not do some training here?" Zebro offered, bringing up the real reason he brought the four friends to the house.

"Training?" Gon asked curious.

"Hey, Zebro..." Seaquant cut in not agreeing.

"Listen to me, Gon-kun. You three are allowed to work together to open the door," the old man said surprising the four, Seaquant silently noted that Zebro said three and not four. "With a little training, it should be possible. How about it?"

Gon looked down at the table in front of him, "I don't like the idea of being tested..."

"But if there is no other way..." Kurapika picked up.

"We'll just have to do it!" Leorio finished.

Gon nodded happily.

"Then I'll need you to put these on," Zebro announced as he brought out four black sleeveless weight jackets.