8 - Morning After

Chapter 8 - Candice Pov

The Morning After

Memories from last night flashed through my mind as I woke up with a heavy arm wrapped round me. My bosses arm. I carefully moved his arm that rested on my stomach. I wiggled out of his bed slowly trying not to wake him up. He moved as soon as I got up but it was only to get into another position. His soft snores confirmed he was still asleep. He looked so content and peaceful. I never thought I'd see so many different sides to this man.

I reached for my dress and blazer, hastily putting them on as I spotted my phone sitting on the floor. I looked at the screen to check my miss calls. I knew my girl Renee would have been worried, as she didn't see me come back from lunch and we normally meet up after work, but I didn't expect as many miss calls. I had a few miss calls from my girl Layla, who we all call Lala. I wonder how that girls doing. It's been a minute.

I decided I would have to call Renee back, as I needed for her to come and get me. There is no way I'd be able to get to work on time, fully washed and dressed in new clothes and I did not want to do the walk of shame. I also felt bad I didn't call her before, because knowing her she would be having a mini panic attack. I slipped on my shoes, before looking for pen and paper in my bag so I could write a note.

'Had to leave to get a change of clothes and get ready. Remember you have a meeting with Brian Frost at 10, from Solid Marketing. I'll see you at work' I scribbled, so he wouldn't think I ran off in a panic or that I regretted anything.

I did not regret anything that happened last night. He made me feel like no other man has ever made me feel. After two rounds, he literally put me to sleep.

I placed the note somewhere I thought he'd see it then crept towards the door. I waited until I got into the open plan living room to finally ring my girl.

"Candice?" I heard Renee finally answer, after what felt like 2 million dial tones.

"Yeah, girl it's me" I whispered. Is this girl blind? She has caller ID.

"Oh" she said, the tiredness evident in her voice "So you're alive!" she continued dramatically "Do you know how many times I've called you? There's me thinkin-"

I cut her off. I didn't need to hear this right now, "Renee, I need you to pick me up"

"What? From where?" I heard noise in the background, like she was getting out of bed. "Hold up, both you and Samuel didn't come back from your meeting and now you need me to pick you up" she said like she was fixing the pieces of a puzzle.

"Renee" I said but she continued talking as if I didn't say anything.

"I knew it" she laughed, "did he put it on you good?"

"Renee" I almost squealed. I cringed as I held the phone up to my ear, "I'll tell you, when you get here" I whispered.

"I'll flash my lights when I pull up at the front" She replied, once I described to her roughly where I was.

"And I want full details" she said quickly, before she hung up.

A/N A quick filler before another secret gets exposed