28 - Surreal

Triple update again. I appreciate you all

Simone Pov

I felt like I was being watched. Call me crazy but it really felt like I had a set of eyes on me. After I packed my suitcases last night -which took literally all night as I was doing it all on my own at first before Toya came and helped me, I checked out one way tickets to England - first class of course. I know I said I've changed and seriously it's not all about the money but I'm not accustomed to less. Plus I'm pregnant, I deserve that shit. Well maybe not fully, I've been a shit mother so far, but shit, my baby deserves it and I'm really not trying to be cramped up on a flight for all those hours. The hardest part was leaving stuff behind - somehow the clothes and shit still hold a lot of value though of course the main thing is seeing my mum. I contacted someone who's going to pack all my stuff including some furniture and send it over when I'm ready. I left my keys with Toya, who agreed to helping me getting everything sorted. I didn't expect her to talk to me again, but she seemed happy I 'woke up' (as she said). I guess my humble apology helped shit go well, because Toya didn't flip out on me. I mean it's not just because I'm pregnant, I've seen her flip out on a pregnant bitch before. She even told me to keep in touch, and that she will make sure everything is handled.

So everything was sorted by the early hours of the morning, my tickets, my stuff, and I looked up places to stay near where my parents live in North London, that wasn't too grimey. Tottenham isn't the best of area's. I may have failed to tell her that I didn't claim the full amount on the divorce, because I just wanted enough for me and the baby to live a little, maybe I'll even start up my own thing when I reach London. Yeah, like a proper fresh start. I made sure to contact Samuel's lawyer to lay down the conditions, which were pretty much in his favour and less than what he asked for. I knew it was the right thing to do, because this baby might not be his and I don't even really need all of it. Also, I need to prove to him, that it isn't all about the money with me anymore. This included me not wanting this house. It's a beautiful mansion, but I feel so alone in it, it just brings haunting memories of me crying every night and going back to bad habits, like getting high when I felt on edge. Plus, I won't need it anymore. The baby and I will be just fine with the little I did take from the marriage, and the money I had saved since working with Trae. Obviously I didn't have to touch my money when I was with Samuel - he brought me everything, which meant I have almost a million dollars saved up and though that seems like a lot, when you convert it to pounds, and erase the money for getting a house and helping out my mum. She's not going to live in that same shit council property I left her in - if she needs help leaving dad I will help her. It broke my heart to hear that things are still exactly the same. She's been living like that all this time. I blinked to stop any tears that wanted to escape my eye balls, and looked down at my baby.

"This is an adventure" I spoke to my stomach, but I was really reassuring myself as I stood right outside of the gate of the gated complex waiting for the cab to come - cab, what people over here call a taxi. I still felt like someone was watching me, which made me thankful it was still daylight. It's only midday, but still I was getting impatient because the cab was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago, and because I was trying to be prepared I had already lugged everything outside and brought it right to the front gate just in case the driver got lost.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the car pull up in front of where I was standing.

"Miss Simone" The cab driver called out in a thick Spanish accent, before getting out of his car to put the bags in the boot.

I nodded, without even bothering to fuss about how long he took, I was just anxious to leave. For four months - minus a few occasions like the day I went to Samuel's office - I've just been cooped up in doors. I'm not used to being so alone, I've always been the type to be around loads of people, especially when I first came to America. I had an entourage of girls everywhere I went, and I was sociable, we all went to so many events - so with it just being me and the baby it got boring real fast. Though I had Toya, she wasn't free a lot of the time, mainly when one of her sugar daddies called, but especially the main one as they went on trips away - France, Italy, Belgium whilst I was always stuck in doors, with nobody to talk to - which is why I originally started talking to the baby, because it seemed like it was just me and it. Me and him/her. I never thought I'd be pregnant and happy about it, but right now as I sit in the cab waiting for the trip ahead I'm excited. Like actually trilled something is happening. I'm about to make a new life for myself. I'm about to become a better person. Shit, I've been crying like a little bitch for too long now.