37 - Confession

Samuel Pov

"I can make this all go away, but I need to know" the middle aged brother in a sharp looking suit paused before looking up at me, staring right into my eyes.

I rubbed my forehead knowing the question he was about to ask me.

"Did you do it?" His eyes pierced into me. Two brown dots were scrutinising my every movement as I put my plastic cup on the glass table in front of me.

There was another short silence before I confessed to my lawyer. I might have been a bit stressed mainly because I knew I was about to lose a while load of money, but I had no remorse.

"Yeah" I thought back to the reason behind why this negotiation process was happening in the first place.

Because I saw that bitch arse nigga kissing up on my woman.

Because I didn't think about the repercussions of my actions.

Because deep down that was shit I didn't want to see and I lost it.

It'd been a short conversation, man to man but I already knew I fucked with Candice's pops. He fucked up whilst he was with Candice's mom but deep down he's a good man.

That regret clearly still haunts him, and right now his main focus on life is still his little girl. I was expecting the warning talk but after that we had a legit flowing conversation, and I think he got where I was coming from.

I laid out everything so he could get a good idea of the type of man I am, and to reassure him of my intentions. I wanted Candice as my wife, it's that serious. I'm not the type to joke around.

Shit, everything was going good - he even thanked me for advising Candice to speak to him more. I could tell that meant a lot to him. I could tell how much he loved her and how much he missed his deceased wife just by the way he spoke. By the way he held up his tears and emotions behind his tough exterior.

Candice was the topic of conversation until we touched on football. After that it was a done deal. Soon after Daniel was involved. He was chatting shit as usual about how he could have been a player for the jets if he kept focused. Pops dipped in to correct him, and then we all started talking, more like debating - defending out teams. Estimating how'd they'd do in the league.

Last thing I remember before heading inside to find Candice is Daniel calling me whipped again. Like two side bitches Devon and Jerome co-signed.

But I was looking forward to seeing my woman again.

And I saw her alright. Inside the house with that nigga all up in her face.

The fuck where they doing in the living room together like they still a couple or some shit.

I blinked before I saw black.

The closer I got, the more I realised the distance between them closing. This nigga was too close.

Seconds later I saw him lean in to kiss her. He got slapped up like a mother fucker but at that moment that didn't mean shit to me.

All I saw was him thinking he was bold, trying shit on when he knew that was my woman. Period.

I don't even remember walking up to them. I was pissed Candice put herself in this situation. I already knew she was going to say some bullshit about them just talking but what the fuck did they need to talk about?

They both stood up, but I towered over them both.

"My fault, I wasn't even- I didn't mean to- it's jus-" Ryan was stuttering like a little bitch and I didn't want to hear his shit.