36 - Get Together Part 4

Thanks for the understanding,
My laptops screen has officially broken so things got deleted / updates will go back to being on my phone - bare with me.

Candice Pov

'It's a small arse world, even if it seems big' Mama's voice was in my head as I stood looking directly into the face of my ex.

The fuck was Ryan doing here?

Obviously he knew Samuel somehow, but why Lord why? We stood looking at each other for a second longer, before I looked towards Samuel who had a look of question on his face - I could tell he was moments away from asking - do you know this nigga?

Trying to act normal, I stood right beside Samuel, who was stood by a pretty caramel skinned woman in bright orange patterned maxi skirt and white fitted top. This must be Lisa. She looked really familiar to me. Her hand rested on a boy that had the latest Jordans on his feet. And that must be Sean. The Jordans stuck out to me, because Lala's little brother had been eyeing them since the moment they came out and she was planning to get a pair for his birthday coming up this weekend.

Samuel wrapped his arm around me. I wasn't sure if he was making a point being possessive, or whether he was continuing to be affectionate "This is my woman Candice" he body was turned towards Lisa but it was loud, sharp and bold enough for Ryan who just approached the scene to catch the hint.

"Hey" But I felt awkward. I was too aware of Ryan's eyes on me as Lisa embraced me.

Lisa seemed completely oblivious to the frosty atmosphere because her back was turned to Ryan, smiled brightly, "It's nice to finally meet you girl, This is my son Sean"

"I've heard so much about you" I said honestly, "Miss Peters mentioned us going shopping next week - Friday I think it was"

"Trust Mama to go head and plan a day out without me" she chuckled, "I'll be free though, Brian will be working and Sean's got practice"

"Yeah" I laughed, it was funny how she assumed Lisa would be available without asking, "I've heard all about you being in the soccer team" my eyes focused on Sean. I did not want to look to my left - that was where Ryan was standing.

Sean smiled. He was looking like a mini Daniel and Samuel mixed together, the genes sure are strong in this family. Seconds after he spoke briefly about his game, a boy around his age called him over, and he was gone. Then there was four. Ryan and Lisa stood next to each other, whilst Samuel and I stood opposite.

"You remember Ryan right?" Lisa's question was directed at Samuel.

I felt hazel eyes scanning my face, before Samuel directed his attention to Ryan.

"I used to live next door back in the day" even the sound of Ryan's voice put me on edge.

Samuel's face looked serious as hell whilst he studied Ryan right before he cracked a smile. His arm was still wrapped tightly around me, "Yeah I remember"

Though Samuel still wore that half smile I could still detect a underlying tone in his voice.

Ryan didn't look at me when he spoke back, "I saw Lisa over at that bakery downtown and I couldn't believe it. I own that bakery but I'm only there occasionally as I run other businesses but I'm glad I went down that day. It was real good seeing her. Shit she's the only one that was nice to me, y'all gave me a hard time."

I rolled my eyes. Typical of him to try stunt, there was zero need for him to mention he owned 'other business' at all.

Lisa laughed, "It was good seeing you too. What was it you called him again, big head?"