21 - Plan B

Chapter 21

Simone Pov

"I can't believe you went against the plan that" Toya's angry voice had a tinge of disappointment.

The plan was for me to show him what he's missing. I was supposed to highlight the baby, and make myself look fully on point, so he could remember what he has at home waiting for him. That's why I made sure to wear a sexy short dress so he could get a look at my legs and thighs, he's always had a thing for thighs and ass. Though all that seemed pointless now. Maybe it was my tears that ruined the full effect of how I put myself together, but theres still that other thing he said, he had found someone else. He has found someone else. He only thinks he found someone else. Fuck this someone else. Then again, he probably said that just to hurt me. Yeah, I bet he said that just to make me feel as bad as he felt when he thought I was a fraud. There will be nobody else but me, he just doesn't know it yet. I will still wait for him, when he's done playing games. As soon as this baby is born, he will be sorry. Hell, I know that he's hurting and feeling all betrayed but he will come back to me - his wife - at the end of the day. So what if this plan didn't work. I'll just stick to the original - this baby growing inside me is all I need.

I put my seatbelt on, "I know but" I sighed, "Toya" I said her name faintly trying to stop the tears from flowing again. I just wish I could fast forward time, so the baby could be born right now.

"But what?" she barked as started up the car, "You was supposed to go up in there and demand some respect and you went in there crying like a little bitch. That shit was embarrassing"

"Seeing him again threw me off track" I mumbled, feeling ashamed - not just because I cried and put myself on the line for nothing but because of the way my husband looked at me. There wasn't even one bit of Samuel that was happy to see me. I thought after all this time, that seeing me would spark something in him - but no, he was still cold as fuck. And he said - he has found someone else.

"It was harder than you think." I felt an uncomfortable lump in my throat whilst trying to defend myself, "He knows everything" I said lowly, holding the seatbelt as it was rubbing against my belly.

Then she laughed a little, which made me raise my eyebrow in silent fury. I swear to God if she treats my life like a joke one more time, I won't give a shit she's my only friend here. I will tell her about herself. I was upset less than a minute ago, but anger was about to take it's place.

"What do you mean it's harder than I think, what I think is that you need to stop tripping and sign those papers. Shit, I saw him tell you to your face to leave him alone" Her face screwed up in confusion. She doesn't understand that I love him.

I paused looking out the window, "Toya, he mentioned me seeing Trae when we were together and he mentioned my parents. I don't how he found this shit out, and I didn't even know he knew all that." I wanted to cry again. I was starting to get sick of how much the hormones had an effect on my emotions, "I was trying to explain I've changed but it was so hard. It's these fucking hormones that got me acting like this"

"Oh shit, then what happened after you explained?" I could hear the snideness behind her words, "I know all them tears didn't help anything, because he be acting colder than ice." Toya stated matter-of-factly, snapping me out of my trance. Those words he said before I left about him meeting someone else kept repeating in my head. He has won. He said it to get to me and it's worked. It's got to me.

"Yeah you're right." I agreed he was acting cold, "The whole time he had this look in his eyes. He just ain't the same no more. It don't seem to matter what I say, he's still frontin. He even said he met someone Toya, that's how much he wants to get to me"