18 - Trouble

Because your comments make my world go round

A/N I did say double right?

Samuel Pov

As soon as I saw Brandy Wallace walk into the room behind Candice, I smelt trouble. I could tell her type a mile off. The way she looked at me when she shook my hand, had my radar up. I'm used to seeing woman flirt with me, it comes with the territory - once you're successful. Plus, I'm not a bad looking brother - if I do say so myself.

I'm not one to be fazed by all that attention though. When I'm in a meeting all I'm thinking about is my money. How can I invest my money in this persons business so I can get a good return, is where my head is at. I don't step into no meeting thinking about anything else. That's my mindset. Not this time though - seeing how Candice was reacting made my focus change at certain points. When Brandy's hand rested on my arm, the look she gave me was like she was about to kill a mother fucker. I moved my arm fast as hell, trying to send the message to her that it wasn't even like that. Not at all. I can't even lie, Candice being jealous did something to me. It sparked something. Shit, her being jealous turned me on a little. I liked the thought of her being possessive over me, despite me normally hating any form of jealousy. I made a quick note, of showing her it's only her later on tonight.

I glanced at Candice every so often, but my focus was still on how I'm going to benefit from this potential transaction. Truth is I liked what was coming from Brandy's mouth. The passion was real, which means she's more likely to follow through and put the work in. Her building her company from scratch, to what it was, was impressive to me. She also managed to connivence me, that the money used would help the expansion of her company whilst appealing to a bigger audience. In short, I wanted to work with her. So of course I shook her hand, and told Candice to lead her out because that was professional conduct. And I expected Candice to know that, and keep professional but instead I see her showing Brandy to the lift and returning to her desk. Nah, I wasn't happy with that because I specifically told her to show her out. If I say show her out, I mean show her to where she came in. Show her the fuck out. But instead Candice decided to do her own thing. She's already starting to undermine me. Besides, this thing we have going on is in no way supposed to affect out working relationship. I don't want her vibe being projected onto Brandy and putting her off. So, I had to have a word with her.

As she told me how she felt, I understood where she was coming from. If a man even looked at her, I'd probably have him escorted out the building, but that wasn't really the point. Despite all that, this is the work place but I ended up showing her she was the only woman I was interested in, by a heated kiss that could have turned into a little more, in my office. I had to put it on her to show I view her as mines.

I sent her to go look at the venues, she proposed to me, so she could pick one. She was doing a good job and running that project solo, plus after our conversation I figured it would be good for us to have a little space, before I meet her at her place after work. Little did I know that was a blessing. Clearly God is on my side because little after she left, I got an unexpected phone call from Rosa at the front desk. My blood boiled faster than Bolt on the track. What the fuck would Simone be doing here? Popping up like this after all this time, and after all she's done.

"Send her up" I snapped, at a shocked and fragile sounding Rosa. What I don't understand is why she didn't call the security. What does she think they are there for? Decoration.

I paced around the room on the lower floor that I told Rosa to send her too. I couldn't even contain the anger I felt inside, I had to move around. In a way, I was glad I would get to speak to her. No way, could she come back here again.

"The fuck are you doing her Simone?" I angrily questioned the moment the door was closed. My fist were clenched when I finally turned around to look at the woman that made me question the purpose of life.