34 - Get together Part 2

Renee Pov

I was kind of nervous to call Tasha and invite her. Of course, I'd make it sound casual as fuck, like I only just thought to invite her or whatever, but even still me asking another girl out is still weird as fuck to me. Since Candice forced me into calling her number that was on the card, we had been speaking every day and she's been cool - more than cool. The conversations did get flirtatious, especially as night time drew close and I don't know if it's because it was over the phone but it didn't seem completely abnormal. I even enjoyed it.

"Can I get ready now mom?" Sky repeated pouting.

She had been looking forward to this get together, since Candice and I told her about it. The last few days it's all she could talk about. When she heard Candice has brought her favorite ice-cream, and that because it was a special event she could eat anything she wanted she was more than excited. This greedy girl had been asking what food would be there all morning, and she kept saying she can't wait to meet everyone because Candice had told her there will be others her age there too.

I looked at my watch, it was still a bit early but Candice did tell us to get there as soon as we could, so it's not just her and Samuel's family.

"Okay, but be careful on your way back in here" I told her because she always manages to bump into something, even though I'd removed everything I thought was breakable. Whilst I was on the phone to Candice she'd managed to break the photo frame that had a picture of us in it.

She cheered dramatically, "Finally" she shouted as she ran off to get changed. I had already laid out an outfit for her on her bed.

As Sky was out of the room, I took the opportunity to call Tasha. She answered on the third ring.

"I was just thinking of you" she answered happily.

"I was just calling to see what you're doing today" I got right to the point, trying to ignore that her statement made me smile just a little.

"Nothing really" there was a short pause whilst I was thinking how to ask her, "why wassup?" she replied.

"My girl is having a little get together, barbecue type thing and I was wondering if you'd be down" I moved stands from the weave out of my face. I managed to sound casual despite being nervous as fuck.

"Is this you asking me out on a date?" she teased.

"Nah, I'm just seeing c-" I stuttered.

"I'm just playing, relax. What time do you want me ready for?" I could hear she thought that was amusing.

"Like, now. Well Sky and I are about to get ready. Text me your address and I'll hit you up when we're done to pick you up."

"Yes Ma'am" she put on some sexy arse voice.

I rolled my eyes, at how she managed to turn it sexual. It had me feeling some type of way, "Alright girl , i'll holla in a bit"

I tried to not think about what she'd be wearing or other moments when she could call me ma'am whilst I got ready. I finally distracted myself by fixing Sky's hair.

"We gone pick up my friend on the way to the store" I told an excitable Sky.

"Is it a she friend or a he friend?" she inquired.

"It's a she friend." I smiled pleased with how I slicked her curly hair up in a bun, "and we are all done" I said after tying a pink ribbon around it.

Immediately Sky ran to the mirror to inspect herself. I could see her reflection beaming brightly as she replied to what I said, "That's good. Aunty Mo Mo said I shouldn't meet any of your he friends" her little voice almost sounded relieved.