Bagging The Bug Badge!

"You really were amazing."

Kelly shook her head, smiling and thanking the person. She had to do this a lot the next morning she woke up as everyone was still talking about her performance.

Performing in front of so many people was as exhilarating as she imagined and she was glad to see their hard work paying off.

Now it was time for the rest of their hard work to pay off.

"Now, from what I've seen yesterday, you're a good performer. But are you a good battler?"

Kelly just smiled.

The referee stood in the middle of the sidelines,"This is a two on two Pokémon Battle. Substitutions are only allowed for the challenger. The match will end when a trainer forfeits or is out of usable Pokémon. Battle begin!"

"Come on out Surskit!"

"Let's go Brio!"

They engaged in a short stare-off.

"Surskit, use Signal Beam!"

From the tip of its head, Surskit fired a rainbow colored beam at Lombre.

"Dodge Brio!"

Lombre leapt out of the way, allowing the move to harmlessly hit the wall behind him. He stood still as Kelly continued to not give any orders.

Viola watched this curiously and a bit worried. She had to end this fast as she didn't know what they were planning.

"Surskit, Ice Beam!"

Brio prepared itself, thinking the attack was for him, only to be shocked as Surskit fired the attack in the air.

The beam split and the raw ice energy fell on the field, turning it to ice.

"Now Surskit, skate!"

Surskit moved across the ice field quickly, not needing a moment to stop for balance.

Viola looked to Kelly who was smiling.

"What are you gonna do now, Kelly?"

"Brio, Sunny Day."

A ball of glowing orange energy appeared at the top of Lombre's pad. It fired into the sky just a second later brightening the room.

The ice started melting and Surskit's skating came to a stop as it fell over.

"Now you use Ice Beam!"

Gathering energy in front of its mouth, Brio froze the fallen Surskit with an Ice Beam.

Viola smiled and recalled the froze Pokémon,"Ok you had me there. You're talented alright. But let's see how you handle...Vivillon!"

Kelly smiled,"Brio, you good for one more?"

Brio gave a thumbs up.

"Then use Water Gun!"

Viola smiled, glad Kelly was finally taking the initiative,"Dodge it and use Solar Beam!"

A Solar Beam came immediately and Kelly winced as it hit. Damn herself for using Sunny Day.

"Brio, you ok?"

Lombre shook himself off and nodded.

"Use Sleep Powder!"

"Water Gun! Blow it away!"

As the blue scales tried to descend on the Jolly Pokémon, it fired a Water Gun to avoid them.

"Now use Rain Dance!"