Tapu Lele Loves To Play!

Kelly was still in Alola two days later. She would've returning to Kalos the very next day.

Right now, she was working on a small project with Professor Kukui. He had requested to see Pachirisu use its fighting type moves as he had never heard of Pokémon learning new moves upon Mega Evolution.

"Thanks for all your help Kelly. I really mean it."

Kelly shook her head,"No problem Professor. It's actually good for us. We haven't gotten too much training done here in Alola."

"If it's training your looking for then why don't you challenge the Totem Pokémon?"

Kelly chuckled,"With how you describe them I could hardly ever manage beating them in a battle."

"You sure about that? I know about your streak in Kalos."

Kelly blinked,"My streak?"

Kikuyu pointed to his phone,"Your winning streak. It's all over the internet after Professor boasted about it in an interview. He boasted about all his trainers."

Kelly grabbed for her Rotom,"What?!"

Kukui chuckled,"Yeah, you didn't know?"

Kelly sighed,"No, I didn't." She rubbed her forehead,"This guy only causes me pains and misery."

She sighed again,"Maybe a battle does sound nice."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly was wandering around the island once again after a mock battle with Professor Kukui.

She was thinking about maybe catching a Pokémon from Alola to take back to Kalos with her. She just didn't know which one she wanted.

Then a shadow passed overhead. She looked up and saw a Pokémon she had never seen before.

"Tapu Lele. The Land Spirit Pokémon. A Psychic/ Fairy Type. Tapu Lele scatters glowing scales that physically affect others - providing stimulation to their bodies and healing their illnesses or injuries. But these scales can be dangerous as well, because a body can't withstand the changes brought about by contact with too many scales at the same time. It will scatter its scales over humans and Pokémon for its own enjoyment; while it is innocent in one sense, there is also cruelty in the way it casually brings others to ruin."

Kelly shuddered at the menacing entry.

Tapu Lele continued to stare at her. It floated a few distances away from her and held out a hand beckoning her.

"You want to battle",Kelly pointed to herself,"Me?"

Tapu Lele blinked innocently and when it answered Kelly could just hear the smile in its voice.

Kelly shook her head,"No thank you. I would love to but-"

She was interrupted when one of her poké balls came flying off her belt and opened. It fell to the ground as the Pokémon emerged. Echo stood in front of her confused.

Kelly chuckled awkwardly.

"Well, looks like we're battling."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly breath deeply to calm her nerves. So this was an Island Guardian. And it was requesting, or rather, demanding, a battle with her.

Yeah, Kelly was f*ck*d.

"Ok, Echo let's start off by keeping our distance. Use Fairy Wind!"

Tapu Lele burst away the with with a blast of Psychic as if swatting a fly. With a cute cry, the area then became clouded in a pink haze.

Kelly looked on in awe,"Misty Terrain..."

Tapu Lele giggled and spun around before firing a Psybeam at Sylveon.

"Dodge!"

Just in the nick of time, Echo managed to avoid the move.

"Moonblast!"

Powered up by the Misty Terrain, Moonblast took no time to charge and the pink orb was fired immediately at Tapu Lele. The move seemed to hit.

But once the dust was gone, Tapu Lele came back out of its shell unharmed.

Seemingly getting excited, Tapu Lele spun and spun before Echo was lifted in the air by a Psychic attack. Over and over Tapu Lele slammed it into the ground and on the trees.

"Stop!",Kelly cried out uselessly.

"Tapu Lele! Stop!"

She ran up to the guardian only for it to send Sylveon flying at her. Kelly cradled her injured Pokémon gently, shielding it form Tapu Lele's view.

Then she was picked up by Psychic.

She was held into the air as Tapu Lele approached her Pokémon.

"Please Tapu Lele! I'll do whatever you ask! Just don't hurt my Pokémon!"

Tapu Lele drew nearer and Kelly shut her eyes, unable to do more,"Please..."

When she didn't her a cry of pain, she risked opening her eyes.

Tapu Lele was healing Sylveon with her scales!

Kelly smiled and she was set down on the ground. She bowed to the guardian,"Thank you."

Echo got up and did the same.

Tapu Lele giggled before spinning around the two. It pulled something out of nowhere and handed it to the trainer.

It was some sort of wristband. And it had a little pink crystal inside.

As Kelly blinked at the Island Guardian confusedly, it just giggled and flew off.

"Hey, wait! What is this for?!",she shouted after it.

In the end, Kelly didn't bother catching a Pokémon. She went straight to the Professor to find out what this bracelet was.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Professor said it was a Z-Ring. A type of tool used in battle native to this region. The thing that was inside of it is called a Z-Crystal and together they'd allow a Pokémon to perform one special move during battle.

Apparently, the one she got from Tapu Lele was a Fairy Type Z-Crystal which means Sylveon would be able to use it.

Kelly could only hope they could.

Next Episode: Slay!