The New Contestants!

The girl said her name was Amber. She was apparently supposed to start her journey as a Pokémon Coordinator today but when she when to change to have a rehearsal, the dress was discovered ripped. Amber suspected that her parents did it as they were never supportive of her dream of being a coordinator and wished for her to continue the family business, running a farm.

Kelly listened to her stories and rants kindly while she fixed the dress. She sympathized with the girl as she knew what it was like. Her parents once taught her dream was foolish too.

"So then prove it to them."

Amber paused,"Huh?"

"If you're parents thinks it's a waste of time, prove that it's not."

Amber sighed,"I guess that really is the right thing to do. I must've sounded annoying huh? Ranting like that."

Kelly shook her head. She was almost finished with the stitch.

"Not at all. I used to be like that. My parents thought my dream was stupid too but I never gave up. Studied hard. They even left me to live by myself because they were so angry."

Amber gasped.

"Then on the day I was supposed to get my starter, they called me. "Do what you want.",they said."

Kelly faced Amber who was still shocked,"I forgave them that day and I was happy to have their support. Once you win and get your parents' support, you'll feel happy too."

Amber nodded,"I want that more than anything."

Kelly smiled softly and ironed out the dress with her fingers. The stitch was finished. She handed back the dress to Amber who took it gratefully.

Kelly got up and Amber hurriedly followed her,"Um, Kelly?"

"Hm?"

"What's your dream?"

Kelly exhaled a breath,"I want to become a Pokémon Master. I also want to become an idol to the world. That's my dream."

Kelly walked away.

"I think you can do it Kelly! I'll work hard too! Let's meet someday!"

Kelly spun and walked backwards to wave at her with a smile,"Sure!"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly was headed back to Lumious City. Her next stop was Cyllage City for her next badge but to reach there they would have to pass through Lumious once again.

She briefly wondered about stopping at the Lumious Gym but quickly discarded the thought, having heard what happened to previous trainers.

As she was continuing her trek to the city, a rumbling made a pause. A group of Rhyhorn racers were charging this way.

Kelly quickly climbed up the side of the road to avoid getting squashed.

"I better not let any of the Rhyhorn see me."

Kelly sneaked by, seeing a Officer Jenny drive by on her way, and came across a town. According to the map, it was Vaniville Town.

The whole town was watching the race from a big tv screen.

"Woah, it must be big."

"Yeah it is."

Kelly startled at the voice behind her finding a guy her age.

"You looking to be a racer?"

Kelly waved her hands,"No not at all. I'd rather stay away from Rhyhorn races."