A Surprising Surrender!

The group was continuing on their way to Camphrier Town and had stopped their journey for the day.

They, or rather, Kelly, was just about to get started on lunch when a stomping came from behind the trees.

A large Meowth Bot appeared from behind the trees.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unit all people within our nation."

"To denounce the evils of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"And James."

"Meowth, now that's a name!"

"Team Rocket, blasting off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight, fight , fight."

"Meowth, that's right!"

Kelly got up, as did her Pokémon,"Team Rocket!"

James sniffed at his rose,"That's our name. Don't wear it out."

Kelly stood in front of her Pokémon,"You're not getting my Pokémon!"

Jessie scoffed,"Lucky for them, they're not the ones we want."

"Wha-?"

Before Kelly could process, she was snatched into the air by the Meowth arm.

"Hey! Let me go!"

She struggled uselessly against the robot's grip.

James peered down at Kelly's Pokémon,"And you guys stay here like good pets ok."

Then to their surprise, the robot turned invisible.

Combusken attacked the spot the robot was in with a Flamethrower but it didn't hit anything.

"They're gone.",Echo said hopelessly.

With Kelly and Team Rocket, they brought her to what looked to be an abandoned building.

"What do you want with me Team Rocket?"

Meowth grumbled,"Will you shut your trap? We're not gonna hurt you."

Kelly looked surprised. With good reason.

"What?"

The Meowth arm let her go, making her fall to the ground harshly. James grabbed her arm and pulled her into the building, not giving her a moment to regain her bearings.

"We just need your help with something."

Kelly regain her anger,"If it's something like helping you capture rare Pokémon or something like that, I will not-"

Jessie rubbed her forehead in frustration,"No, it's nothing like that. It's this."

Jessie sidestepped to show an Inkay. The only thing off about it was that the Inkay was breathing weirdly, it's breaths coming out stuttered. It seemed to be in a lot of pain.

Kelly kneeled down,"Oh my god, what happened to it?"

James held his head down,"We got attacked by some Amoongus. We're wanted criminals so we couldn't go to the Pokémon Center. Jessie studied medicine but she was kicked out before she got to poisons so she had no idea either."

Kelly nodded, understanding,"That's why you came to me."

Team Rocket nodded.

Kelly went up to the Inkay,"Ok listen carefully. This is what I'm going to need."