Talk That Talk!

After the battle, they finally got to go about their business. Jun headed to the aquarium and Kelly headed to the Pokémon Center where she would meet the Professor.

"Kelly."

She turned her head sharply at the voice,"Professor."

"Kelly, it's time we had a more in-depth talk. Let's go somewhere more private."

The two booked a room for themselves and the Professor started speaking.

"I'll be honest with you. It's the first time something like this has happened. Mega Evolving without a Mega Stone is unheard of."

Kelly tilted her head,"But I thought you said I wasn't the first. What about Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town?"

Professor Sycamore shook his head,"That was a different case. His Froakie had the rare Battle Bond Ability which allowed them to strengthen Greninja in battle through their bond alone. Their moves were synchronized and they could feel what each other was feeling, see what each other was seeing. It was incredible to witness."

Professor gestured to her,"But this is a one in a million. Not of your Pokémon has the ability of Battle Bond so they shouldn't be able to do the same. Your bond must be really strong to transcend the rules of Mega Evolution."

Kelly could hardly keep herself from blushing,"Thank you, Professor. There's something else I need to mention. Mega Evolution happened with Sparky and Brio too. When we were battling a mass of Zubats in Connecting Cave."

"Ah really?"

Kelly nodded,"Pachirisu even became half fighting type, gaining a series of the typings moves."

"Oh wow! This is really amazing. It was assumed that learning moves upon mega evolution was possible but it had never been seen! This is really amazing, I can't wait to find out more."

"About that Professor. How about what you said? That I will be allowed to keep my Pokémon? How will you do your research then?"

Professor Sycamore smiled,"I'm offering you a job Kelly."

She titled her head,"A job?"

"Yes, as a research fellow. Granting you the title of On The Field Researcher and Trainer allows me to give you special tasks such as being sent to research a certain habitat, transporting certain Pokémon and egg or traveling to regions to other Professors to get research or other items that cannot be passed through the usage of system. It'll help me gather valuable research and data on your Pokémon while you complete these tasks."

Kelly sat straighter, eyes wide,"Sir? You really believe I should do that? Or even can?"

The Professor smirked,"I hear about your reputation among the streets Kelly. You've never lost a battle. So you're definitely strong enough to do it."

Kelly blushed again.

"But that doesn't mean you have to. It's your choice."

Kelly nodded,"Ok Professor. I choose..."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly and the Professor had parted ways soon after a little more discussing.

She glanced down at her new device on her wrist. A PokeNav. The Professor gave her it as some sort of present for accepting his offer.

She took out her Rotom Phone and stared at it. Rotom had also been given orders to capture videos for observation.

"Looks like we both have extra work to do now Rotom."

The Rotom eyes opened and it smiled,"It is delightful to work along side such a wondrous individual such as yourself Trainer Kelly."

Kelly chuckled,"You flatter me."

"I fear you are mistaken. Flattery is saying nice things mainly to gain one's favor. It would not benefit me to flatter you. I merely stated it as a fact."

Kelly's face heated up and she smiled,"Thanks Rotom."

"Certainly."

And the eyes closed.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly was wandering around the town as she had nothing to do. She already made plans to leave the town the next day though she was planning on saying goodbye to Jun first. It was proper manners.

"Hey, I said take out your Pokémon!"

Kelly turned her head sharply at the voice,"What's that about?"

"Take ''em out right now!"

She went around the corner to find three teens peering down at a obviously shaken boy.

"Wait, please. My Pokémon are hurt and I can't battle right now."

"So? I'll use my weakest Pokémon if so be it. We're battling right now!"

"Hey!"

Kelly stepped up to the three,"He already said his Pokémon is hurt! You don't expect them to battle in that condition do you?!"

The boy in front of her held his head high,"Yeah, I do. A trainer should be ready to overtake all obstacles in battle."

"A trainer should take care of their Pokémon. Trying to ignore doing so with such a petty excuse is cowardly!"

The boy grabbed his poké ball,"Ya calling me a coward?!"

"So what if I am?!"

"Then battle is right now! Sandile, out you come!"

He called back to his friends,"Josh, Jennie, bring out your Pokémon."

"Ok Ian!"

They brought out a Fletchling and Poocheyena respectively. Kelly rest a hand on her hip,"Oh come on. Three on one is hardly fair."

"That's what you get for talking back to me."

Kelly took out her own Pokémon,"I didn't say I couldn't handle it. Echo, you're up!"

As Echo came out, Ian laughed,"Sylveon?! What is that prissy, pink Pokémon gonna do?!"

"Echo, use Hyper Voice!"

Drawing an intake of air, Echo shouted out in a loud voice at the three causing then to hold their ears.

"Sandile, Bite!" "Wing Attack!" "Bite!"

All three Pokémon charged at Sylveon.

"Dodge!"

Sylveon jumped high over their attacks causing them to crash.

"Now use Last Resort!"

Spinning around in the air, Echo fired a large star at the three causing them all to faint.

The trainers recalled their Pokémon.

"Now run along and leave."

"Syl."

The trainers left with gritted teeths.

Kelly turned to the boy and hauled him off the ground,"You ok?"

The boy nodded,"Yeah, thanks. They wouldn't listen to me no matter what I said."

"It's okay. Someone needed to teach them a lesson."

"Thanks anyway." The boy extended an arm,"My name's Ethan."

Kelly shook the outstretched hand,"Kelly."

Next Episode: Rocking Our Second Badge!