Teatime!

Once reconstructions were nearing the end, the gym reopened first. Serenade, her Dragonite, was pretty insistent on helping after almost demolishing the city and would not attend the match.

She climbed the large tree and entered to find a battlefield.

"Oh? Challenger Kelly."

Kelly turned around to see the gym leader, Ramos.

"You came just in time."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly handed a Pokepuff to each of her present Sylveon. She shifted the basket to Ramos,"Here. You can have one too."

"Thank you dear. This old man hasn't had one of these in a long time."

He bit into one,"Ah! That taste. Splendid."

Kelly blushed,"Thank you."

She took a sip of her tea,"By the way, why are we having tea instead of battling?"

"I always have tea before a battle."

Kelly nodded understandingly,"So it's like a tradition." She turned back to her cup,"That's nice. It's really relaxing."

Ramos smiled.

After they had tea, Ramos invited Kelly to tend to his garden with him. Kelly was a hit reluctant at first, explaining that she grew up in the city and never learned how to tend to flowers but Ramos said that makes it all the better for her to learn.

Kelly plucked the weeds with concentration. Echo wiped away her sweat with a napkin. She smiled and the fairy type.

"Thanks Echo."

"Sylveon."

"Oh dearest me. You name your Pokémon?"

Kelly turned in surprise to see Ramos behind her.

"Oh. Yes I do."

"May I ask why?"

Kelly thought,"I just thought that name suited them at the moment. Plus it helps giving them something to define them from the rest of their kind. It's also really meaningful to name something precious to you which is what I did with my Pokémon."

Ramos stared at her. Then he picked over at her shoulder to see her unfinished work.

"How about we stop here and have that gym battle?"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"This is an official gym battle between Kelly the Challenger and the Coumarine City Gym Leader Ramos. Both trainers will have the use of three Pokémon. Furthermore, only the challenger will be permitted to substitute Pokémon."

Ramos smiled from his side of the battlefield. He had a large scissors in his hand,"So have you decided with three Pokémon you're gonna use?"

Kelly nodded,"Yup!"

"Well then let's get started. Jumpluff!"

"Echo!"

The two Pokémon emerged at the same time.

"Battle Begin!"

"Jumpluff! Use Sunny Day!"

Jumpluff cried out loudly and the sun shining through the trees got brighter.

"Echo, Fairy Wind!"

Sylveon blasted a gust of wind at Jumpluff.

"Dodge!"

Just for Jumpluff to jump all the way over the winds.

"Catch it!"

Ribbons stretched out and tangled up to the puffs of Jumpluff. It then began to slam it into the ground.