1! 2! 3! Fight!

It was a few days before Kelly could finally have her gym battle. Lucario got hurt real bad in the cave.

But Kelly had been preparing greatly for her battle with Korrina. She heard the stories and knew the gym leader was no pushover.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly entered the gym,"Hello? I'm here for my battle."

Her Rotome Phone flew around the gym as she calmly walked inside. Lights suddenly turned on and Kelly was blinded for a second.

"Huh?"

Gym Leader Korrina stood in front of her with a confident smile.

"Welcome to my gym, Kelly."

"Thanks, Korrina. I officially challenge you to a gym battle."

Korrina nodded,"I accept! I certainly am ready to see how strong you are."

Kelly smiled."Just don't be surprised."

Korrina's grandfather, Gurkinn, appeared as the referee.

"This is a three on three gym battle. The match will be called when either side has no Pokémon remaining or has forfeited the match. Substitutions are only allowed for the challenger. Battle begin!"

"Mienfioo, you're up!"

"Sparky, let's go!"

Both Mienfoo and Pachirisu stared at each down,
assessing their opponent.

"Mienfoo, High Jump Kick!"

Kelly smiled,"Intense from the start. Just like they said."

"Sparky, use Endure!"

A red hue surrounded the Pachirisu and as Mienfoo kicked it, it stood its ground. Mienfoo drew back.

"How'd it feel Sparky?"

Sparky turned its head and nodded at Kelly, swishing its tail. Kelly smiled and nodded.

Korrina watched with a bit of confusion. Were they talking about something?

Oh whatever.

"Mienfoo, Force Palm!"

"Dodge and use Iron Tail!"

As Mienfoo went to stroke it in the face, Sparky jumped and its large tail turned to steel before it was used to slam Mienfoo into the ground.

"Aerial Ace!"

"Dodge it Mienfoo!"

"Follow it!"

As Mienfoo drew back, in a speed surprising it, Sparky chased after it and struck it in the chest.

"Drain Punch!"

Sparky was surprised as a green fist slammed into it, sending it flying into the gym wall. A green orb flew out of its body and into Mienfoo's.

"You all right Sparky?!"

Sparky got up and gave a determined cry.

Kelly looked to Korrina,"You're really good."

Korrina smiled,"It's only right. I am the gym leader. Mienfoo, High Jump Kick!"

Mienfoo's knee glowed white and it jumped into the air, intending on hitting Pachirisu.

"Draw it in Sparky!"

Sparky got down on all fours and stared at the attack coming for it.

"Now dodge!"