Let's Take It To Alola!

Kelly finally got to leave Shalour City again three days later. She was way behind in getting to Coumarine City so she was intent on traveling at least a few extras miles than she would usually do.

Suddenly, her Rotom Phone started ringing. Kelly paused in her walking and considered just letting the phone ring out.

"Trainer Kelly, Professor Sycamore is calling. You might want to answer."

Kelly sighed, knowing it was about something that was gonna pause her journey. She took out the phone,"Ok, answer it."

The Professor's face came on,"Hi, Kelly!"

"Professor?"

"I've got a mission for you this time!"

Kelly tilted her head,"What is it?"

The Professor took something out of his pocket. It was a plane ticket.

"I'm sending you to Alola!"

Kelly blinked.

"What?!"

Turns out this mission was a little less serious than the last. Professor just wanted her to go to Alola to meet new Pokémon there. He wanted to study the possibility of Mega Evolution with regional variants and apparently Alola was the place to start.

It took a lot of convincing on his part though. Kelly really did want to just stop her journey and travel to a new region all of a sudden. He managed to do it though with a promise of taking her straight to Coumarine City by helicopter.

Anyway, he flew to her on her way to Coumarine City and gave her the ticket. They then flew all the way to Lumious City so she could take the plane.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Alola was a refreshing place Kelly thought. It was really beautiful. She could see herself coming here for a vacation.

She followed the instructions given to her by the Professor to a cabin house. She knocked on the door.

A man opened the door. He wore a Professor's coat but no shirt.

Professor Kukui was the name given to her

"Professor?"

The man nodded,"Are you Kelly?"

At her nod, he gestured to the inside,"Come in."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kelly spoke with Professor Kukui for a while. She found out that he studied Pokémon Moves as a professor and that he and Professor Sycamore met when they were young.

He also told her a lot about Alola. The Island, the Island Kahunas and Guardians. They talked a long time!

Then Professor said that it was time for him to get back to work and that Kelly was free to roam about as she liked.

Kelly had thought about it. And since her mission was to get to know the Pokémon here better, why not a bit of exploring?

"Komala. The Drowsing Pokémon. No one has ever seen a Komala awake. It eats, travels, and even battles while sound asleep! Its saliva can be used as medicine for the sick or sleepless, according to ancient people. They say if you take a small amount of the saliva remaining after it eats leaves, water the saliva down, and drink it, you'll be able to sleep well. Komala clings to a log pillow that its parents have given to it. Once it has grasped this log, it almost never releases it. If it does lose hold of its log, the Pokémon will be unable to sleep well and will thrash about wildly."

Kelly took notes on Komala's behavior intently. This was the umpteenth Pokémonshe studied today. There was just so much!

Her upgraded Pokédex on her Rotom Phone helped lots too. It gave more info than ever.

After examining so many land Pokémon, Kelly headed to the beach to see some water Pokémon.

Only to come across a land Pokémon.

She tilted her head at the Pokémon currently walking on water and pointed her Pokédex at it.

"Glaceon. The Fresh Snow Pokémon. Any who become captivated by the beauty of the snowfall that Glaceon creates will be frozen before they know it. It can control its body temperature at will. This enables it to freeze the moisture in the atmosphere, creating flurries of diamond dust. The coldness emanating from Glaceon causes powdery snow to form, making it quite a popular Pokémon at ski resorts."

Kelly tilted her head to the next side as she watched the Pokémon curiously. It was walking on the water as whenever it stepped, ice formed.

Kelly smiled slightly,"It's controlling its body temperature to cool the air around it and freeze the water. Smart."

The Glaceon then dipped it head into the water, seemingly searching for something. It came back up with a necklace into its mouth.

It walked onto the shore and shook itself off. The Glaceon went to leave when a blast of wind suddenly hit it sending it flying back into the water.

As the necklace fell out of its mouth, it was suddenly snatched from the air. The their resided in a nearby tree. It was a Murkrow.

Glaceon hopped out of the water panting and shook itself off once again. It growled up at the bird.

Murkrow laughed.

Glaceon fired an Icy Wind at the bird who shivered. It gave the eeveelution a glare and flew out of the tree to fire a Gust. Then it charged down at Glaceon with a glowing beak.

Glaceon hastily dodged it.

Kelly got up to interfere when a ribbon blocked her. She looked to Echo who shook her head. Not yet.

Kelly nodded and watched.

Glaceon once again used Icy Wind only for Murkrow to dodge and land a Peck on its front leg. Glaceon winced and immediately took pressure of the foot. Murkrow smirked.

Glaceon growled and fired a Shadow Ball at the Darkness Pokémon. The attack hit but Murkrow managed to shake it off.

Kelly picked at her nail in frustration. Things were not looking good for Glaceon now.

Glaceon grunted. Then suddenly it stood firm on all four legs and inhaled deeply. Kelly felt the air cool.

A cold blast of wind was launched at the Murkrow who got directly hit and fainted.

Kelly recognized the move. Freeze Dry.

The Glaceon huffed in victory before leaping up into the tree. It took the necklace from before into its maw and jumped down, wincing once it landed.

Everything seemed to be fine and Kelly was about to let the Glaceon go about its way, when it suddenly fell.

"Glaceon!"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Glaceon blinked as it came back to consciousness.

"Glaceon, you're awake!"

Glaceon's trainer, Yuna, cried in relief.

"Kelly was kind enough to bring you to the Pokémon Center. She told me you battled a Murkrow for my necklace. Thank you, Glaceon."

Glaceon looked to Kelly who waved before lying back down. Yuna stroked its fur,"Thank you Glaceon."

Next Episode: Tapu Lele Loves To Play!