The Secret Ingredient!

Kelly, after saying goodbye to her new friend, continued to make her way to Cyllage City. She arrived at Lumious a few days later.

Kelly got settled in back at her home and shown her Pokémon the rest of the interior. They were overjoyed at the large backyard she owned.

While they were having their fun, Kelly thought it was time to introduce them to Kalos' best poke treat, Pokepuffs.

She had been thinking about it for quite a while but never got around to it. The fact that she didn't have the right ingredients herself, meant that she couldn't make it.

So she went down to a pastry shop to purchase some to eat. The store clerk smiled at her,"How can I help you today?"

"Can I get three poke puffs please? One for fire, normal and water Pokémon?"

The girl's smile fell before returning a second later,"I'm sorry but we don't sell Pokepuffs anymore."

Now Kelly's smile was the one to fall,"Why? Your Pokepuffs are famous. People love them."

"I'm sorry but we can no longer sell them due to perso-"

A crash from the back of the store interrupted her sentence.

"Give me a minute?"

Kelly nodded,"Sure."

Kelly tried not to listen as the girl went to the back of the store and started shouting at what sounded to be a Raichu. Even so she managed to pick up some words like "secret ingredient" and "can't find".

The girl came back around a minutes later seemingly have calmed down,"Yes, so as I was saying. Due to personal reasons I can't sell Pokepuffs at my store anymore. I'm sorry."

Kelly nodded, accepting,"Do you know any stores where I could purchase the ingredients myself?"

The store owner pointed to the left,"There's a new supermarket to the left there. They sell everything. It has a giant pokeball on the front so you can't miss it."

"Okay, thank you."

And she left the store.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Once Kelly had went and purchased the ingredients, she brought them home and began baking.

When she reached a certain part of the memorized recipe, she paused.

"I don't have an electric type Pokémon nor any electric type moves. How.....? Hmm..."

Kelly placed the Sitrus berry in front of Torchic,"Torchi use Ember of this berry."

Torchic obeyed the command and fired small flames at the berry. Kelly took up the burnt berry,"Perfect."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Pokémon loved the treats and quickly demanded more. Kelly promised to continue making more on her trip and got a another batch started.

Kelly had not expected any visitors, so when a knock came to her door, she froze. Her Pokémon were immediately alert.

She quietly went to the door and peeked through the peephole. It was her neighbors.

Relieved by the fact she knew them, Kelly made no hesitation in opening the door.

"Hello?"

Her neighbors smiled,"Yes Kelly. We smelt that you were cooking something delicious and we really couldn't help. Can we please have a taste?"

Kelly blinked. They came over here just to have a bite of a Pokepuff?

Taking her silence as a no, the neighbors tried to convince her,"We can pay you! Or even give you poké balls! You're a trainer right? Maybe you'd like a TM?"

Kelly perked up,"TM?"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Mr and Mrs Green loved her Pokepuffs and asked for the recipe. Kelly gave it to them while they have her some TMs in exchange.

After they left, she began cleaning up when their was another knock at her door. She didn't know many people in Lumious so this was also a surprise.

When she opened the door, it was a man.

"I'm sorry to be bothering but I heard that you were giving Pokepuffs in exchange for items."

He showed her an ultraball,"Can I please have a Pokepuff?"

Kelly blinked,"Sure."

After that, word began to spread. Kelly was working in the kitchen making Pokepuff after Pokepuff in exchange for items. She even had to go and buy more ingredients to satisfy everyone. People expressed their happiness as they said that no one could have Pokepuffs as the store owner down the street stopped selling them.

When night began to come down, Kelly could no longer make anymore and had to put a close sign on her door to stop the onslaught of customers.

Cleaning up one last time, Kelly was ready to head to her bed. Then there was a knock on her door.

Withholding a groan, Kelly swung the door open ready to tell them that she was no longer selling when she saw who was there.

"It's you."

It was the store clerk form the pastry store.

"I'm Sugar."

Kelly shook her head,"Nice to meet you Sugar but we're closed."

Sugar stopped her from closing the door,"Please I need your help."

Kelly blinked,"Help?"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"So what I'm getting is that your grandma the previous owner of the shop had a secret recipe for her Pokepuffs. I accidentally recreated this recipe and you want me to give it to you?"

Sugar nodded meekly. Kelly blinked. How could she accidentally recreate a secret recipe? Unless...

"Is your grandma's name Crystal?"

Sugar nodded, a bit confused,"Yeah why?"

Kelly snapped her finger,"She was the one who introduced me to that recipe."

Sugar perked up,"Really?! So you have the original recipe?!"

Kelly nodded and Sugar jumped to hug her.

"Thank you!"

Kelly patted her back,"Your welcome?"

Sugar pulled back,"I had been hesitant to stop selling Pokepuffs as it was grandma's signature but I couldn't recreate her recipe no matter how much I tried. I always seemed to forget something."

Kelly nodded,"Okay, I'll give you the recipe."

Sugar smiled,"Really?"

Kelly nodded,"Yeah!"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"So the roasted berries were the secret ingredient the whole time?"

Sugar nodded as she mixed up the last batch of Pokepuffs. She decided to immediately reopen the shop with Pokepuffs available for sale once she got the recipe. Kelly had generously volunteered to help.

"Yeah. The recipe was written and stored but it was kept in top condition so I couldn't see a part of the recipe. I was lucky I found you."

Kelly smiled,"Well at least now you'll be able to sell them again. The people will be happy."

Sugar smiled.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Business boomed for the shop and Sugar furiously thanked Kelly. She even gave her a few pastries as a gift.

Kelly continued on her journey after that, leaving Lumious City head for her next stop, Camphier Town.

Next Episode: Mr. Steal Your Girl!