Tag, You're It!

"Good morning Trainers! Is everyone having a good time at camp?"

Cheers of confirmations roared about the room.

"That is marvelous to hear, thanks. But I just happen to have an event planned for today that's even more marvelous. It is already day six of camp which means that we finally get to decide who goes into the hall of fame. So get ready for the Team Battle Competition!"

Excited yells came from the campers.

"Team battle huh?"

Amber looked around,"Everyone's so excited."

Jake smirked,"Of course, this is their area of expertise."

"The team battle competition works like a tournament. As usual, the competing teams that take the top three spots will receive points. We have two team tied with the lead with seventeen points and those teams are Team Froakie and Team Chikorita. This is our final camp activity so give it all you've got and have fun!"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Team Froakie were having their battle strategy meeting.

"So everyone clear on what their supposed to do?"

"Got it!",the two girls chorused. Jake sat back.

"Great, then it's time for training. We're gonna beat all these teams and get into the hall of fame."

"Yeah!"

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Only Kelly of her team had her Pokémon left while only one of the other team had a last Pokémon left.

He threw out his poké ball,"You're not winning this! Fletchinder, come out!"

Kelly looked down to Sylveon,"Echo, let's win this!"

Amber cheered,"Go Kelly and Echo!"

The trainer took out his Pokédex.

"Sylveon. The Intertwining Pokémon. A Fairy Type. Sylveon's ribbonlike feelers give off an aura that weakens hostility in its prey, causing them to let down their guard. Then it attacks. It wraps its feelers around the arm of its beloved Trainer and walks with him or her."

Sylveon just let out a beautiful cry at the entry, feelers fluttering in response.

"Fletchinder, beware of its feelers, okay?! Use Steel Wing!"

"You know what to do Echo!"

Echo cried an affirmation and jumped over the attack gracefully.

"Flame Charge!"

Circling around, Fletchinder surrounded its body in flames and charged at the Intertwining Pokémon.

"Protect!"

The attack was rendered useless as a green shield protected Sylveon from the attack.

"Attract."

Echo winked and hearts surrounded Fletchinder before hitting it. Fletchinder started acting weirdly, coming down from the sky to rub against Sylveon.

"Draining Kiss!"

Echo put on a shy front, blushing a little then kisses Fletchinder on the cheek. The Pokémon blushed and feel on the floor in shock.

A pink energy came out of Fletchinder's body to inserted itself in Echo's. Fletchinder got up with hearts still in its eyes.

Kelly put a finger on her chin,"Still in love huh?" She snapped,"I know. Echo, Hyper Beam."

The trainer gasped,"Huh? Fletchinder, snap out of it!"

But Fletchinder didn't listen and just watched in adoration as Echo charged up its attack.

Then the attack hit.

Once the dust cleared up, the fire flying type was revealed to have fainted.

Amber hugged her,"Yay!"

Jake laughed,"Remind me to never get you mad."

Kelly grinned.

"Marvelous!", Professor Sycamore interrupted their celebration.

"Team Froakie has made it through this battle and that means...onto the finals!"

Team Froakie cheered.

"It's time for the final battle against Team Chikorita who has already made it to the finals. And now, before we get underway, both teams will have their strategy meetings."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Team Froakie were by the bleachers having their brief strategy meeting.

"So are we gonna reveal our big combo move?!", Amber asked excitedly.

Jake smirked with folded arms,"That's the plan."

Kelly smiled,"Team Chikorita won't know what hit them."

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The battle had been going on for at least seven minutes. Team Froakie had released their Pokémon first. A Sylveon, Fennekin and a male Meowstic.

Team Chikorita went next. A Helioptile, Chikorita and Snubbull was released.

Both teams took several hits but were unwilling to give up.

Helioptile's trainer, Roy, cried out,"Use Thundershock!"

"Light Screen, Meowstic!"

A rainbow colored screen blocked the attack.

"Use Razor Leaf, Chikorita!",Jennie yelled.

"Back them up with Disarming Voice!",Ken joined.

"Echo, use Protect!"

As the move blocked the electric attack from the team, Team Froakie looked to each other and nodded. Amber went first.

"Fennekin, use Psychic Terrain!"

Fennekin called out to the sky and the surrounding area gained an mysterious vibe. Small bubbles started to rise from the ground, popping when they went a few inches.

Jake smirked,"Meowstic, use Psyshock!"

Kelly and Amber grinned,"Copycat!"

All three Pokémon of Team Froakie fired a Psyshock which hit its mark on the three Pokémon of Team Chikorita.

They fainted.

"And that's the end of it! Team Froakie is our winning team! And that's means, you'll be in the hall of fame!"

Everyone cheered. Tired Pokémon jumped into their trainers' arms.

"Congratulations to Team Froakie! Now let's give a big round of applause for our runner up, Team Chikorita!"

The applause was loud.

Amber laughed and hugged her teammates who helped in surprise,"We did it!"

Jake laughed and Kelly smiled.

"That's right. We did."

Next Episode: Geodude's Confused!