Chapter 1

Looking outside the window, Shen Yuying saw a beautiful blue sky,  with sparse clouds. This weather must be perfect for a late afternoon walk. Sadly, She couldn't even go outside, She's stuck in the hospital bed. The only thing She could do is look outside,  and if She's lucky a bird or 2 will come by and sing for her.

Shen Yuying has been staying here for weeks, waiting for the day she dies.

"I wish I will die soon, What's the point of living? I'm suffering everyday"

Shen Yuying's life can only be described  as short-lived, full of suffering and ridden with bad luck.

Her mother died of dystocia, her father remarried and soon gave birth to a son. She started doing house chores as early as she can remember,  learned sewing,  knitting,  and embroidery to earn little money. While going to the ground to help the family farm.

Her brother in contrast grew up pampered and spoiled and would always bully and beat Shen Yuying, If she'd even fight back she'll be beaten by the elders. In that way She became her brother's punching bag.

The bad life has just getting started, After finishing all 9 years of compulsory education,  She was immediately sold to a crippled widower in the mountain village. She was dragged, and beaten, She bawled her eyes out but nobody seems to notice her struggle.  She was sent to that mans house , but she couldn't succumb to such fate. At night, she ran away with only few yuan and few pieces of clothes.

After walking all night, She reached the county by morning, and immediately rode the bus to the city.  Shen Yuying did all kinds of part time jobs, hoping for a better life. But fate plays tricks on her, just like an invisible force that always make sure she's not doing well. Her parents always finds her, taking all her hard earned money. Wherever she goes, they could always find her, and even with her jobs, she could only land the lowest of the lowest jobs.

But then Shen Yuying got sick, her body got exhausted. A terminal cancer that is about to take her life away. The family that always finds her are nowhere to be found.

Shen Yuying POV
My terminal illness chased them away,  they've got my life's worth, and now I have nothing to give.

I've no friends all my life, all the people I've met just comes and goes. The only person close to a friend to me is Gu Zheng and his dog Baobao. I met them few months ago, he said I gave him a bun, and I gave him a will to live. I don't remember ever meeting him before,  and I don't remember giving someone a will to live, I don't even have the will to live. I only hope that my death will come fast.  I am extremely tired.

*Bzzzzt... Bzzzzt.... Bzzzzt...

What the h*ll is this? Nonstop buzzing in my head.

*Connecting to the host 1% .. 10%.. 30%... 50%...................100%

My eyes opend wide,  I'm so terrified and confused,  what is this? Did i go crazy because I'm about to die?

* Ding!! Connection complete...

"Host, can you hear me?"

I looked left and right, "somebody's calling me? No right? I must be really crazy"

"Host you are not crazy, I am real, but I'm talking inside your head"

"What are you? Wait! Wait! Are you a system? Are you gonna give me a space? Am i going to be reborn?  This is how it usually is, I've read alot of stories about this."

"Host, calm down! First, I'm not really a real system, but I appear like this temporarily in order to make a connection with you."

"So tell me what's going on? What are you? Why do you want to make a connection with me?"

"I am a great Phoenix,  and I came from the Cultivation world, It's also where you lived on your first life. I came with a mission, My master, a Celestial being had asked me to return to you your clans inheritance. And the rewards you deserve for completing the mission entrusted to you by the great Guadian Beast."

"Cultivation world, Celestial being, clans inheritance and Guardian Beast, there's too many information,  I don't understand anything."

"The inheritance is a spiritual world in a separate spatial dimension.  You have left this in my master's care, and it has helped him in his Cultivation,  and now it's time to return it to you. Although your physical body, won't be able to come inside right now, you will be able to in your next life. For now, you can take your consciousness inside the space to check it."