Chapter 40

The Educated youth were dumbfounded by how stupid Fang Roulan is, how could she not realize she's pulling the wheat.

The other villagers close to where they are also got curious and went to check only to see such sight. They immediately started voicing their discontent towards Fang Roulan and Educated youth in general.

"What's with this Fang Zhiqing, not only she is lazy and doesn't help much in the field and now she's destroying our hardwork."

"She's been here for a year and she doesn't improve at all."

"I just knew these educated youths are here to steal our food, not only are they slow to work, now they want us to go hungry too buy pulling our crops."

"What do you expect from the people in the city, they don't know how to farm, and they don't care about our hardwork."

Although it's only Fang Roulan's fault the people had blame all the Educated Youth. The image that had gotten better these days because of Shen Yuying  had now been submerged in the mud because of Fang Roulan.

All the Educated Youth was so mad but they can only bow their head and didn't confront the villagers head on.

But Shen Yuying is different, why are they being blamed for something they didn't do.

"Auntie, what you said is not true, most of the educated youth are hardworking. You see we also worked hard from morning to afternoon, we also stayed under the sun just like everyone, we also earned enough work points like the villagers, there are only few that doesn't do a good job and you cannot blame all the educated youth."

Although she said this in front of everyone, she was polite and smiling to the several women that surrounded them.

Some of the women knew Shen Yuying, and some knew she works well in the field so they still have the impression.

So after hearing what Shen Yuying said, they immediately corrected what they said.

"That's right, there are good workers in the educated youth and only some are lazy, like this today only Fang Zhiqing pulled the crops and we blame all the educated Youth, which is wrong.  We should only blame Fang Zhiqing. "

"You are right, I agree to what you said"

And that statement echoed by the others around them.

Listening to all the people's comments and their aggressive stance scared Fang Roulan and she hid behind the dark faced Song Jiaxing.

The other educated youth who heard Shen Yuying defended them gave her a grateful smile. Or else they would hear from the villagers endlessly.

The incident quickly reached Lu Jianguo's ears, and with a dark face, he strode to where the educated youth is.

Looking at the bald spot, he was so mad at Fang Roulan. If its not a wrong, he would really like to beat her up.

He looked at the girl who was hiding behind Song Zhiqing. And Song Jiaxing immediately pulled her from his back to face the angry team leader.

"Fang Zhiqing, have you not learned anything during your 1 year here in the village?" Lu Jianguo asked trying to restrain his anger.

Fang Roulan on the other hand just bowed down her head not even responding to Lu Jianguo. She was afraid of saying something wrong and would anger them some more so she kept her mouth shut. Which angered not only the Educated youth. But also so the villagers around them. She's not even apologizing, some grumbled.

Looking at her tightly closed mouth, Lu Jianguo really wanted to pull them apart, he just closed his eyes and took a deep sigh.

"Comrade Fang Roulan, you will be deducted 10 work points and you have to write 1,000 words letter to admit your mistakes and read it in front of the villagers on monday morning."