Chapter 13

After leaving the factory,  Shen Yuying checked the time from her wristwatch,  it's only 10 in the morning.   She decided to go to the Educated Youth center.

"It's time to teach my cousin a lesson " Shen Yuying said with an evil smirk.

    Thinking of posing as Shen Yumei, she went to an empty alley. Flashed into space change her clothes and put on make up.

    The only good thing about having so many part time jobs in the past life is that she had learned alot of skills.

   She used to work as an assistant of a make up artist, so she's pretty good at it. She made herself looked like Shen Yumei, they already have a few similarities,  so it won't be too difficult.  It will be hard to tell the difference not  unless she'll meet a person very close to Shen Yumei.

    She directly flashed out of space and hurriedly walk to the street office. There, she saw parents crying, refusing to send their children to the countryside.  And some parents are trying to find a better location for their children.

    Shen Yuying went to the person in charge, greeted her and started introducing herself.

  "Comrade, My name is Shen Yumei from the canning factory housing unit." Shen Yuying said showing a respectful smile on her face.

   The middle aged woman in charge smiled at her and said, "oh I know you, I went to your house 2 weeks ago to urge you and your brother to be an Educated Youth. Are you here to sign up?"

   " Yes Comrade,  I thought about it and decided to respond to the call and help build our country, receive education from farmers. " Shen Yuying said all sounding enlightened and righteous.

    " You have a very high ideological awareness Comrade Shen Yumei, If all the Youth learned from your example our jobs here won't be too hard." The clerk said with a bright smile showing.

    "Then comrade is it possible to look at the area where I will be sent? Can I pick?" Shen Yuying tentatively asked.

    "Yes, you can look here Comrade Shen. It's because alot of people have already signed up, all the good places have already been filled. What's left now are these remote regions in the northwest. Or you can go to a farm Comrade Shen Yumei, you will be paid monthly just like a worker." The clerk explained in long sentences. 

    Huh! How lucky would Shen Yumei be if she'll go to the farm and be paid.  She should go to the mountain, suffer hardship without getting money.  Is what Shen Yuying thought.

   "I think the youth like me should go and not be afraid of any hardship.  I chose Shaanbei, I should use my strength for the country." Shen Yuying saying it proudly.

    " Comrade the condition in Shaanbei is not very good, are you sure you'd like to go there?"

   "Yes Comrade I am sure."

   " How about your brother? He would also need to go to the countryside, It would be good if he can choose a place. For the next batch of youth,  the place will be randomly chosen for them."

  "Then Comrade you can list his name with me, We are brothers and sisters after all. We should be able to support each other, while supporting the country's construction. " Shen Yuying saying some big words one after another without being embarrassed.

   "Ok Comrade Shen Yumei, we will send the notice in your home on Monday morning.  You'll leave with others bound for Northwest on Wednesday next week." The clerk explained.  Took a deep breath and then continued.

  "We are quite busy this week,  and we need to send notices to those leaving early next week, like your cousin. She'll leave on Monday with others." She paused a little then continue to explain.

  "It would have been good if you're together Comrade Shen, but nevertheless good luck to you"

  Shen Yuying could only smile and say "Thank you Comrade, then I'll go now, there are still things to prepare".

   Shen Yuying left the street office happily,  went back to the alley. She went to space, changed her clothes and erase her make up. She also brought a small basket with her by the way. And walked out of the alley like nothing happened.

   If Shen Yumei knew what she did today, she might vomit blood because of anger. She must be fuming,  just imagining it makes Shen Yuying so happy.

"Who told you to mess up with me?"

   Shaanbei is just perfect for them, they will be living in cave dwellings in the Cliffside.  The water is scarce and had to walk for a long time to fetch and the path is full of slopes.

   The brothers and sisters will be together, it must be very lively.  With how spoiled the Uncle's youngest son, Shen Yumei would have to work for 2. 

    But she doesn't care what they do in the future. She's just paying them back for sending her to the countryside.

     And for Shen Yumei killing the original owner, Although her intention wasn't to kill the original owner. It's true that she pushed her trying to hurt her. She'll have to find a right time to ask for payment.

   Seeing that its almost time for lunch,  Shen Yuying walked to the State owned Restaurant . There were a few tables and chairs inside the restaurant, there are also people waiting in line for their turn.

    Soon it's Shen Yuying's turn, a decent looking waitress came to take her order.
" what's your order?"

"Comrade give me 2 steam buns and a bowl of beef noodles soup. How much is it?"

"Give me 3 dimes, 6 cents and 6 taels of food tickets, 1 tael meat ticket" the waitress told her after the calculated.

   The waitress left and came back to give her the food. The meat bun is not very white looking, but its very big and full.  She broke it in half and the smell wafted out.

   There's meat in the bun but she couldn't find anything green inside. But overall the taste is not bad.

    She also ate the beef noodles soup, it was a big bowl and a few pieces of meat on top. A serving is very expensive at 2 dimes a bowl and 2 taels food tickets and 1 tael of meat ticket. 

    For ordinary workers it must be a quarter of their daily wage. There wasn't much seasonings but the taste is quite good. She's quite satisfied.

   Although Shen Yuying has lots of foods in the space, she wanted to try eating at the State owned Restaurant.  She'll go to a remote countryside soon, so it's better to check out the city while she's here. She quickly finished her meal.