Chapter 38

When they arrived, Fang Roulan had already finished cooking and the food was already on the table.

Fang Roulan invited everyone to sit down. Just like the meal in the morning, both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun got extra food in their plate from the secret stash.

Looking at it, it seems to be shredded potatoes with bit of bacon on it.

Everyone looked at their own wowotou in their plate, and the thin and bland vegetable soup on the side, they all sighed.

It's been a long time since they had meat. The last time was when the team divided meat for the new year. They didn't receive much meat from the team since they don't have enough work points.

Although they tried to save the meat as much as they can, it can only last a few days at most. A small bit of meat in every few meals and all the meat was gone.

So looking at Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun's plate with bits of bacon, the other can only be jealous and swallow while licking thieir dried lips.

When everyone picked up their chopsticks and about to start eating. Li Xioamei suddenly dropped her chopsticks on the table loudly and everyone turned to look at her, confused.

Li Xiaomei with a dark face pointed at Fang Roulan's plate and asked "where did you get that potatoes?"

Everyone looked confused and suddenly realized what Li Xiaomei was talking about.

The panic in Fang Roulan's face is obvious, but would be admit to her mistakes? Of course not.

Although nervous,  she looked at Li Xiaomei and said. "I got it from a villager" She knows she's not supposed to use the collective food for her own consumption. But she had thought they will take longer at the village office so that she and Bai Xiuyun could eat first. 

What a miscalculation.

Li Xiaomei was relentless and continued to probe. "Really?" While looking at both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun.

Bai Xiuyun looked at Li Xiaomei's determined look and Fang Roulan's nervous face and decided to cover up for her. It was her idea to use the food anyway.

So she looked at Li Xioamei and smiled sweetly although she couldn't completely cover the nervousness in her face.

"That's right, she went to the neighbor to exchange 2 potatoes."  She sighed and thought for sure that Li Xiaomei  will believe her and drop the issue.
But she really thought of herself too much.

"Which villager? Which neighbor? I want to ask them to exchange next time."

Both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun's eyes widen when they heard what Li Xiaomei said.

Right now, they both couldn't hide their stunned and nervous look. And these was clearly visible to all the others educated youth and one by one started sneering at them one after another.

This made them completely uncomfortable, they know they were repeat offender but they uaed to let go of their little actions in the past.

Li Xiaomei probed again and again which made the two completely silent. They had underestimated the power of Li Xiaomei, she was upset earlier when their fight was suddenly stopped, she was truly done with this Fang Roulan.

"Why are you not answering? I'm asking which villager did you exchange potatoes from. Is that even a hard question?"

Both Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun at this moment completely lost momentum and they instinctively shrunk their neck while bowing their heads.

They never would have thought that Li Xiaomei will be so relentless this time and wouldn't even let them go, and continued to make trouble.

Li Xiaomei and the others had already known them doing these kinds of things before, but because there are only 3 females in the group it will be hard once the 2 decided not to cook dinner for the entire group.