Chapter 20

Shen Yuying turned to face the "guest" and resolutely said "I will keep my Father's compensation money, when he was alive he has already separated from you.

I'm the only one left, I have no one. If you insist on bullying me, then I can only go to Public Security Bureau for help, and let them decide where should the money go."

Wang Lihua wanted to be a demon again, but Shen Yucheng stopped her.

"Grandma, just let sister Yuying be, she said there's not much money, and she'll be living in a remote countryside from now on." 

Still trying to convince the old lady, what should he do if Shen Yuying gets mad and refused to hand over the job quota, so he continued.

"Grandma, I will be able to work soon, I will be filial to you and Grandpa. You will live in the city with us to enjoy the happiness." Shen Yucheng hurriedly coaxed the old woman.

Out of all grandsons, this was Wang Lihua's favorite, he has a sweet mouth and would always coax the old couple.

And its because of this that they targeted Shen Yuying, they couldn't bear to send the favorite grandson to a remote place.

With jobs and house, they will be able to live together with their grandchildren.

They're getting old, and they're the only one left in the countryside.  It's time to follow the family in the city to enjoy happiness.

Although Shen Yumei took the blame, she wasn't innocent either. She was the one to pretend to be the original owner, and put her name on the list.

Now we are equal, I just paid her back.  I feel no guilt towards any of them. To her, life is an echo, what you send out usually comes back to you.

Shen Yumei also echoed Shen Yucheng's words.

"That's right grandma. Both my brother and I will start working soon, we will have iron rice bowl. Just leave Shen Yuying's father compensation to her."

What a joke, I'm already beaten up like this, if I couldn't get the job it will really be a loss, Shen Yumei thought.

Li Gihua also agreed. "Mother, Shen Yuying is already 16 years old and will live in the countryside in the future.  Isn't it better to use that money for dowry? We won't be there with her, so she won't have any support. It's better to have this little money."

The grandpa on the side just listening and not saying anything.

Wang Lihua argued "That's not right, I am the mother, I should have a share. We raised him so big, don't you think he owed us?"

"Then let's go, If the Public Security won't help me, we'll go to the Womens Federation, or the Revolutionary Committee. For sure they will help an orphan like me." Said Shen Yuying.

She stood up and said "Wait, I will get the separation letter you've signed with my father before" and turned to go to the room. But she was stopped by a loud bang.

"Stop" Shen Guoqiang yelled while banging his hands on the table.

"There's no need to do that, we are already separated. Why are we robbing a young girl." He said with a serious face.

Look at this old man. Isn't this the most hateful character.
"Then thank you grandpa, I'll use this money to start over in the countryside." Shen Yuying said pretending to be grateful.

The old man has already decided to concede,  so the old woman Wang Lihua has no choice but to agree.

"Then Xiaoying, when are you leaving for the countryside?" Wang Lihua asked instead.