Chapter 3

My consciousness was dragged to place full of fire. Countless Courtyards are burning, there's a crooked sign at the top of the door that reads "Shen Clan". There are dead bodies everywhere,  I even recognize some familiar faces, my family,  relatives and friends, they're all dead. My whole clan was murdered. Everything is gone, everyone is dead, I'm the only one left.

    But I don't have time to mourn, my consciousness appeared in another place, A younger version of me is being chased and attacked by a fierce beast. Suddenly two people appeared, killed the beast and saved me. They also gave me food and a change of clothes.

   From the conversation I learned that they were part of the two top clan in the upper realm.

   The Cultivation world is divided into 3 realms, Lower realm where the mortal lives, not everyone is lucky to be a Cultivator and because of the thin spiritual energy,  it is even challenging to reach a higher Cultivation.
     Next is the Middle realm, here the spiritual energy is thicker making Cultivators reach a higher Cultivation than the Lower realm. Every child born in the Middle realm can become a Cultivator, but not all can be a talented.
      The last and the most powerful realm is the Upper realm, every child is born with a core and a seal, and it stays dormant until the child learns to Cultivate. With an abundant spiritual energy, it is indeed easier to Cultivate. Because they are too powerful, they are forbidden to enter the Middle, and Lower realms. If they do the seal will activate, sealing half of their Cultivation in Middle realm, and at least three quarters in the Lower realm.

     I began traveling with these two people, as they have saved my life I served them as my masters. We're together, but its obvious that all of us we're not being honest with each other keeping our own identity secret. Only after five years of traveling, when i turned 20 they came clean and told me that they were the young master, and young lady of the top two clans. They both were the top geniuses of their respective clan.  Their family couldn't accept their relationship  so they ran away. Upon learning their identity only did I confess mine, the only surviving member of the Shen Clan. 

    The Shen clan is the home of a few Cultivators who ascended to God realm,     so it was believed that the clan is holding some kind of treasure. Although powerful, the clan only has a small population, members doesn't like to deal with outsiders, they don't interfere with the Upper realm politics and they didn't join the Alliance.

   After learning my identity, they told me the reason for my Clans demise. Believing we're hiding a treasure, the Alliance wanted to take it for themselves. The most powerful Cultivator in the Upper realm is a member of Shen Clan, but he ascended to the God realm 15 years ago. This gave the Alliance a chance to attack our small Clan. But they didn't know what is this treasure, so after murdering all the members they went back empty handed. 

     The treasure they were talking about is the Clans Inheritance.  It is a small world, Spiritual world in a spatial dimension. In it lives the "Tree of Life", the fruit contains an enormous amount of spiritual energy. Almost everyone in the Cultivation world knows the existence of this tree, but it is rare. Only one "Tree of Life" can be found in the Lower realm, one in the  Middle realm, and two in the Upper realm. The tree can only bear one fruit every 10 thousand years. 

    But what was so special about the "Tree of Life" in the Inheritance Space? The inheritance space time is different from that of the outside, the time is 10x faster than the outside. When the tree outside bears fruit every 10 thousand years, inside the space it will only take 1000 years. The "Tree of Life" sits in the middle of the Spiritual spring, constantly nourishing its roots making the fruit at least 2x more powerful than the one outside. The Spiritual spring is very nourishing, drinking and soaking on it can greatly help with Cultivation. All previous owners of this Inheritance have become the most powerful in the Cultivation world, they have enough resources and lots of time inside the space to Cultivate. So only after a thousand years, these Cultivators will ascend to the God realm, alot shorter compared with the other Cultivators.

    The Clans rule is for the owner of the inheritance to give it up once he's ready to ascend to the God realm. The Clan Patriarch and Elders cannot pick the next candidate, the inheritance itself will choose the next owner. It doesn't discriminate with age, everyone has equal opportunity,  it mainly chooses a Cultivator with the highest mental capacity and potential and directly attach into the next person.

     The inheritance has it own will, Although it won't talk but it will respond by shaking the ground slightly if it agrees and shakes aggressively if it disagrees. It's best to leave it alone and not to challenge and communicate constantly.  Just once in a few hundred years is fine, constant shaking is not good.

      I received this inheritance when I was 5 years old, you don't have to tell all the members of the clan, that you're the new owner, but you have to atleast inform the Patriach, the clan will give protection and in exchange you'll give them some spiritual spring. In this way the clan remains strong despite low population.  But it couldn't withstand the attack of thousands of Cultivator in the Alliance,  everyone perished  except me who was Cultivating inside the space.