Chapter 33

It didn't take long for the group to finish all the foods on the table. Despite how it taste it is still important to have a full stomach.  Only then you'll have energy to work hard.

After the meal, everyone stayed seated. They had to talk about the house rules  for the new comers. Song Jiaxing took the lead to explain.

"Here in this house, we share all the rations we get from exchanging work points. But one had to earn a certain amount of work points in order to divide more food, so you have to work diligently. Men will have to earn 9 or 10 work points daily while women have to earn 7, or 8 work points. Anything lower than that is really not acceptable" He said while looking at Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun.

The three got curious why Song Jiaxing looked at Fang Roulan and Bai Xiuyun when its the three of them who are new here and needs to know the rules but of course they won't ask. And just continue to listen while secretly taking a peek at the 2 on the side who kept their head low.

Sing Jiaxing continued.

"The women take turns in making meals, while men fetches water and collects firewood needs for cooking. "

"Everyone helps with vegetable growing and everyone helps forage food from the mountain,  we also ask everyone to do their own laundry either in the river or in the well."

"Everyone needs to wake up early everyday to work in the field, and other small things can be learn slowly.  I hope we can live together in harmony and help take care of each other."

After the lengthy speech, Song Jiaxing told the women to decide how to divide the cooking task.

"Then one of them can start tomorrow " Fang Roulan immediately interjected.

It's supposed to be her turn tomorrow but now that there are more female Educated youth coming,  isn't this perfect.  She can rest for a few days.

She smiled at her own idea, but before she can celebrate Li Xiaomei told her off.

"What are you talking about Fang Roulan? I'm always the first one, you next then Bai Xiuyun. Let's  follow the original schedule and let them have their turn after Bai Xiuyun." Li Xiaomei declared.

Fang Roulan had an ugly look on her face but she couldn't contradict Li Xiaomei. And she can only ground her teeth in anger and balled her fist in her legs.

She was embarrassed many times today. But others just ignored her and didn't care how she feels.

Li Xiaomei then looked at the three and asked them "who among you wanna do it after Bai Xiuyun?"

Wang Meiyun immediately raised her hand and said "I'll do it " and Wang Xiayun quickly followed. So Shen Yuying will be last.

With this, the cooking problems has been settled. Although Fang Roulan didn't like it, she didn't say anything more. And Bai Xiuyun didn't care about who's gonna cook next since she doesn't have to cook.

Its not that she doesn't have her turn, but it's because she asked Fang Roulan to cook in her behalf. Just give her a little benefit and she'll follow her.

They both came from Beijing but Fang Roulan family are just ordinary workers so the family won't send her anything in the countryside.

But Bai Xiuyun is different, her family is quite well off and she is a daughter of a factory cadre. She has three older brothers and she is the youngest in the family.

Every month her family from Beijing will send her money and tickets. With this, her life in the countryside wasn't as bad as the others.

And her family promised to bring her back to the city as soon as possible.