Chapter 17

What a joke , although people in this building likes to gossip about everyone's lives, its still rare for them to see people screaming and cursing like a shrew.

Especially here in the big city, everyone wants to be respected, even if they come from the countryside,  they will try to hide it as to not be made fun of . Who wants to scream like a shrew in a broad daylight. It's clearly an old woman from the countryside.

When she saw that everyone was seated. She went to serve water to these "guests". She's too lazy to make them tea.

As soon as the water was served. Her "Grandmother" immediately started her barrage.

"Why are you serving us water, we are hungry, we have been standing at your door for a long time."  Then she continued

"You unfilial girl, you learned from your mother, a death star, If she hadn't married my family Jianjun would he separate from his family? You deathstar causing the death of my son."

Wang Lihuas mouth was foaming due to her screaming non stop. Its really disgusting.

Everyone was just listening to her endless scolding,  the "grandfather" was sitting down acting nonchalant as if he didn't hear the scolding.

The "Aunt" was on the side nodding her head in approval as if agreeing to whatever Wang Lihua was saying.

And the 2 cousins on the side both have a playful smile, as if gloating of my misfortune.

"Why don't you scream louder "grandma", So the neighbors can hear and maybe the red guards will come barge in, and take you for reeducation." Is what Shen Yuying said after listening to her scolding.  Then she continues.

"Now is the new society, whoever believes in feudalism has a problem with her thinking and will be dragged for reeducation."

A few faces visibly turned pale. But Shen Yuying doesn't care, and she continues.

"What do you think 3rd brother Yucheng? Aren't you part of the red guards, don't you usually drag people like this who believes in the 4 olds." Shen Yuying said while smiling at everyone.

"You even beat up your teachers at school Brother Yucheng, are you gonna beat up your grandmother too? After all she has a wrong thinking and has to be reeducated."

"Oh no, wouldn't that be too unfilial Brother Yucheng, what do you think" Shen Yuying continued prodding Shen Yucheng.

How about it, isn't this your favorite grandson. The most favored and also the most useless, walking around beating people on the streets as if he's superior.  So disgusting Shen Yuying thought.

Shen Yucheng stared at her speechless,  and is trying to make words but couldn't.  But inside he's fuming, how could this b*tch humiliate him.

But before he could find his words, another person beat him to it.

"What nonsense are you talking about, can't you talk properly?" Suddenly the "grandfather" who was nonchalant on the side, raised his voice.

Facing the old lady whose face had long been paled because of fear the "Grandpa" continued to scold.  "You old woman who has no knowledge, do you think this is the countryside,  why are you screaming like a shrew?"

Then turned to look at Shen Yuying.
"Xiaoying, don't mind your grandma's words. She is just joking, just an old ignorant old woman from the countryside who doesn't know better. We don't have to make trouble."

Shen Guoqiang said as if trying to pacify me.

"That's right sister Yuying, it's grandmother after all, don't we know what she's really like. She doesn't have such wrong mind, she was just joking."
Shen Yucheng said, finally found his words. But the face was still red.

She doesn't want to listen to such nonsense so she directly asked them.

"What are you really doing here?"

But before anybody could answer, and to prevent me from being in momentum Shen Yumei who was standing beside her mother interjected.

"Sister Yuying, it's already lunch time, arent you going to serve a meal? Grandparents have come a long way and they must be hungry" Shen Yumei said acting innocent.

Look at this, she had a nerve to talk here after killing the original owner, what a courage.  She's asking about a meal for her grandparents,  who is she fooling? She must be the one to want to eat the most.

Born to a very patriarchal parents, Although she wasn't abused, she wasn't favored either. Always giving all the good things to her brothers. She must have envied the original owner alot, after all she's the only child.

Shen Yumei just saw Shen Yuying holding a lunchbox. There must be food inside, she has to atleast take a bite.

At first she was scared to come, after all she had pushed Shen Yuying to the point of bleeding. She was afraid something bad had really happened because she didn't come back to make trouble so she came to check.

But when I saw her today, more beautiful than the last time. She became more angry,  What's so different, they are all relatives and they all live here, why is she prettier.

We're both girls, why is she loved and favored by her parents while I can only serve my parents and brothers. Its so unfair, I'm not reconciled.

So she wants to make everything difficult for her.  Now that she's become an orphan no one can protect her, she'll  go farm on the countryside, let's see if she still can be pretty, white and delicate.  This thought eased her anger a bit.

 She looked at Shen Yuying more boldly, and with gloating in her eyes.

But Shen Yuying wasn't easy either.

"Look at what you said Sister Shen Yumei, If I had known that the grandparents will come today. I would have prepared a meal. But you also know that I will leave next week, so I don't have many things at home now.  The surplus grain at home was sent by me to the countryside first, or else I will drink Northeast wind when I get there."  Shen Yuying said while smiling at everyone but her eyes were particularly cold.

Wang Lihua was about to start scolding but she was stopped by Shen Guoqiang's eyes. While shrinking her neck, she closed her mouth.

"Nevermind, we can eat at your Eldest Uncle's house." Shen Guoqiang said.

Then turned to face Wang Lihua "What are you eating at your young granddaughter's house for? Don't make trouble." He then added.

Shen Yuying thought, what a hypocrite,  he didn't stop them at first if he can benefit  but if it gets disadvantageous,  he scolds and acts righteous.

What, Are they trying to sing a band here, good people bad people. Such an old play whoever falls for it is a puppy.

With a smile Shen Yuying faced her grandparents "Grandpa,  Grandma, why are you here? Is it not busy in the field?"

"That, the summer crop has been planted and its not so busy, you are here alone now, so we especially come to accompany you." Wang Lihua said acting like a good Grandma.

"Is that so? Then, You don't have to worry about me Grandparents. I'm okay. I'm just packing my things at home, there's not much left to clean, so you don't need to help." Shen Yuying said, still has a wide smile on her lips.

"Grandparents, you should not delay the farmwork because of me. That will be your food for the whole year." Shen Yuying said trying to look concern, but really wanted to chase them away.

Then they started elbowing each other  discreetly, but it couldn't pass Shen Yuying's eyes.