Chapter 27

In the kitchen they saw Li Xioamei stirring the pot with a wooden laddle.

Hearing everyone's footsteps, Li Xioamei turned to see 4 of the new Educated youth coming over.

"Comrade Li Xiaomei, do you need any help?" Said the enthusiastic Wang Meiyun.

Looking at their demeanor, she thought these are the good in the bunch.

Living together with many people who aren't related is challenging. People with different personalities often collides.

If you find people who wants to get along, then you're really lucky.

So she appreciates the 4 people who came to her, it means these are the people who knows how to live.

She looked at them and smiled" No no, I'm almost done here. You should've rested for a bit, the travel must've been tiring."

"No, we're fine, we will rest in the afternoon" each one echoed each others answer.

Li Xiaomei chuckled at their responses.
"Really I'm fine, you should get your bowls and chopsticks, the others will be here any minute from now."

The 3 girls and Gu Kai were fidgeting,  they weren't comfortable not being able to help and just eating meal.

Looking at their hesitant faces Li Xiaomei stop stirring the pot and turned to face them.

"You don't have to worry.  I'm only cooking 2 kinds of food, it's just quick and easy. And besides all the females will take turns at cooking meals, you will get your turn soon so you don't have to feel bad."

She turned her back again this time stirring the stir fried vegetables on the pan.

"And you can call me sister Xiaomei, I'm 19 years old. Its my 2nd year here in the village, I was from the first batch."

She thought since they're being nice,  they should try to get along with them. She smiled warlmy.

"My name is Wang Meiyun, I'm 17 years old, this is my younger cousin Wang Xiayun she's 16 years old" 

Wang Meiyun started introducing and turned to look at Shen Yuying and Gu Kai.

Shen Yuying and Gu Kai looked at each other as if silently communicating.

Shen Yuying stepped forward and said "I'm Shen Yuying, I'm also 16 years old. Nice to meet you sister Xiaomei, you can call me Yuying."

"I'm Gu Kai I'm 15 years old, I guess I'm the youngest, you can all call me XiaoKai."

Shen Yuying thought that Li Xiaomei is easy to get along with. Anyway they'll be living together from now on so its best to be able to get along.

She only hopes the other Educated youth are the same. It'll be a disaster if there's a clash of personalities.

After introducing herself, Shen Yuying started looking around the kitchen.

The kitchen looks old but its quite neat there's 2 mud stoves on the right side of the room. One with big pot and the other with a big wok.

Next to it on the right side are 2 large vat of water.

On the far left side of the room is big cupboard with 3 shelves on top and 2 lower doors.

The shelves are full of sundries, some condiments and the 2 bottom doors are closed.

Next to the cupboard on the left is a small door, according to Li Xiaomei its a utility room where they store their ration and things they don't often use.