Chapter 39

Shen Yuying's natural body clock had woken her up. She checked the time and its quarter to 5 in the morning.

Since its Wang Meiyun's first time cooking, she is still not familiar with the things in the kitchen. Its best to be up early and not panic due to lack of time.

She shook Wang Meiyun lightly who was just sleeping beside her. Wang Meiyun opened her eyes a little confused and not until she heard Shen Yuying whispering  her name and told her to cook  breakfast that she finally clearly understood.

Her sleepiness flew away, and immediately got out of bed. They lit the oil lamp which was placed in a table just beside the door, took their change of clothes, some things used for washing up, the kitchen keys and went out of the room.

The two got busy in the kitchen for a bit, after knowing what she will cook for breakfast, Shen Yuying helped her look for the ingredients she needs.

Wang Meiyun first started cooking mantou and steamed it and on the other stove was a pot intended for soup. While waiting for it to boil, she wanted to cut and prepare other things in the table but Shen Yuying stopped her.

Shen Yuying had told Wang Meiyun to wash up first because there might not be enough time later when others wake up. So she didn't think much about it and hurriedly washed up while Shen Yuying helped her maintain the fire in both stoves and prepare the other things in the table.

Its not like she wanted to be extra helpful, its Wang Meiyun's first time and she didn't want her to be stressed so she wants to help. And its also good to get familiarized in the kitchen, when its her turn she won't have a hard time.

Cooking for many people pose a challenge for her, and she wants to observe Wang Meiyun too as she was used to serving many family members in the city, but the original owner lived with her parents and was pampered,  how could she cook food with many servings.

Although Shen Yuying used to serve her family in countryside in her previous life, she felt that it was really a long time ago. And even with many part time jobs she had later on, which some related to cooking, it might not be the same in this situation now, especially with the food scarce. She didn't want to prepare too little or too much, thus she needs to observe.

She let Wang Meiyun borrowed her candle while she stays in the kitchen to help her watch the porridge and cut some vegetables.

When Wang Meiyun came back, she was happy to see all that she needs are already placed on the table in an orderly manner. So she smile brightly at Shen Yuying and said her thanks.

While Wang Meiyun is busy in the kitchen, Shen Yuying immediately  went to the washroom and then flash in the space. Anyway nobody is awake except Wang Meiyun. Although Fang Roulan may wake up at anytime, she won't open the door to the washroom indiscriminately especially that there's a lit candle inside.

But still Shen Yuying just did a very quick shower, since she took a shower yesterday after working to the field.

Except the quick shower, she did the same as yesterday and didn't forget to blow dry her hair and tied them up neatly again.

She also had a simple breakfast and just ate the shrimp porridge with stir fried vegetables she prepared before and then got rid of the smell before coming out of space. Its only been a few minutes, so she wasn't worried.

When she came out of the washroom and made her way to the kitchen, she heard a little commotion, so she hurried her steps and made her way there.

In the kitchen she saw Fang Roulan making trouble with Wang Meiyun.  She wanted her to vacate one stove for her, and when Wang Meiyun refused, she wanted to pull her hair, fortunately she dodged on time but Fang Roulan just wont stop and that's when Shen Yuying arrived.