Chapter 31

A middle aged woman cried while running towards Shen Yuying, and the man that came with her moved slowly while limping.

With tears streaming down the woman's face she called "Xiaoxia, Xiaoxia, it's mother, can you hear mother?"

Sure enough, after hearing her mother's voice, Liu Caixia open her eyes and cried.

By now, that man that came with Liu Caixia's mother also arrived and is standing in front of Shen Yuying.

"Xiaoxia, it's father, what happened to you my daughter. Why did you drown?"

The man said while touching his daughter's face with trembling hand.

Shen Yuying curiously took a good look at the both of them.

Although the woman is quite old and the skin is darkened because of the sun, but you can still tell that this is a beautiful woman.

On the other hand, the man that came with her, she assumed her husband because of how he called himself father of Liu Caixia is quite ordinary looking  and a lot older compared to his wife.

If Shen Yuying hadn't heard him say he's Liu Caixia's father, she would instead think he is the grandfather.

"Mother Liu and father Liu, she's still weak after vomiting a lot of water, so I suggest we take her home or at the village clinic so she will be checked." Shen Yuying suggested.

They're both wet from being submerged in the river, and it's not good for Liu Caixia to be out in the open air like this.

Although the middle aged woman looks about in her late 30s, so looks quite weak so I can't hand over Liu Caixia to her.

Her father on the other hand looks about someone in his 50s, quite strong look base on the muscles in his arms. But he is limping, and the path is so uneven, so Shen Yuying decided to carry Liu Caixia.

"Don't worry I will carry Liu Caixia and you just show me the way."

Mother Liu looked at Shen Yuying, she did not recognize the young woman in front of her.

But since she saved Liu Caixia, she believed that Shen Yuying is a good person.

Father Liu was embarrassed at the fact that he couldn't carry his own daughter, he was full of guilt and remorse, and also worried about his youngest daughter. Looking at such a small woman carrying her daughter, he feels so helpless.

Seeing the look on their faces, she knows what they were thinking.

"Mother Liu and father Liu, my name is Shen Yuying, I am one of the educated youth that arrived today. You don't have to worry, although I look like this, I'm quite strong." She said while smiling to reassure them.

The 2 parents nodded at her.

"Let's go to the barefoot doctor. Liu Caixia's body is weak since birth. Now that she has an accident in the river,  she will need more supplement."

Father Lin also agreed, but he was worried about such weak and delicate looking girl, she is the prettiest girl he's ever seen in his life. Although he mostly stayed in this village all his life. Is it really true that she's strong. Although Caixia's body is small, she's still heavy. Could she truly carry Lin Caixia?

But seeing her carrying Caixia without breaking a sweat, she must be telling the truth. So they quickly made their way to the barefoot doctor.

By now, the people that followed the couple after hearing the news that someone drowned in the river caught up with them and is huddling together on one side of the pathway.